Up and running at last

davidfox

Visit site
Took the boat from Shotley to Foxes on Saturday as Shotley dont have a cradle available. this is the first time the boat has moved from its berth since the end of July and the engine seize, we just need the exhaust replacing now (which is why it needs to come out) I must say, despite the appalling weather, it was a delight to be on the boat and it moving again! we had a nice little sail under genoa down river and the engine ran like a sowing machine again when asked. the work was carried out by John Rook who up to now has done exactly what he said he would do and for the price he quoted! so thanks for the recomendation from all on here.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Yes horrible weekend the only consolation was we put the cockpit cover up on Friday night when we arrived, spent all day Saturday working inside hoping the rain would ease off for Sunday but it was really to cold to work outside then so gave up and went home on Sunday lunch time.

On the odd occaision I stuck my head out I saw no one, I must come across to say hello when I see the Morganaites about.

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Looks like we had a similar weekend, went down Saturday to do some jobs and then go fishing Sunday. Weather was 'orrible all day Sat, so after some food and a tidy up Sat evening, we went home.

Good news on the job front though, actually got them done for a change (apart from two tiny loose ends). My wallet was also pleasantly relived that the faulty windlass was a sticking brush and the dodgy electric toilet needed nothing more than half a turn on a jubilee clip. All fixed for nothing :)

johnalison

Visit site
we had a nice little sail under genoa down river and the engine ran like a sowing machine again when asked. QUOTE]

You've conjured up a vision for me of a boat quietly sailing up the river with a seed-drill attached to the stern scattering seed in all directions. It'll be a long time though before anyone tempts me out on the water with the weather as it is.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Good news on the job front though, actually got them done for a change (apart from two tiny loose ends). My wallet was also pleasantly relived that the faulty windlass was a sticking brush and the dodgy electric toilet needed nothing more than half a turn on a jubilee clip. All fixed for nothing

Yep got a fair way down the jobs list unfortunately went to Foxs for a couple of quids worth of bits till Caroline found upstairs.:eek:

MoodySabre

Visit site
Glad you are running again. John Rook did a great job on my engine 15 months ago. This morning I booked him to sort my leaking water pump and change the fuel filters (bleeding and me don't get on:(). As you say, reliable and sticks to his estimated price.

davidfox

Visit site
we had a nice little sail under genoa down river and the engine ran like a sowing machine again when asked. QUOTE]

You've conjured up a vision for me of a boat quietly sailing up the river with a seed-drill attached to the stern scattering seed in all directions. It'll be a long time though before anyone tempts me out on the water with the weather as it is.

It was a very smooth running seed drill, just like a sEwing machine!