Unaesthetic heads ?

rickwat

Visit site
Do boat toilets have to look so uninviting ? Looking through pictures of even very expensive boats they seem to look like ceramic buckets with a bicycle pump attached usually centre stage as you look in. I know function is probably foremost but even a bit of a white box or something behind would make them blend in visually rather than looking like some idol of an alien religion.

tcm

Visit site
Re: Hear hear rickawat!

You have exactkly hit upon one prime reason why stinkies are stikies, namely that raggie loos are rubbish. Awful. The bog in my 1979 student halls were beter than a 2003 50ish foot Oyster. Our halfway house is a 23m stinkiepot. Sort out the carpets, lux bog, ice maker, dishwasher and washer drier. This wd herald a volte face from most swmbos, rightly unprepared to swap nce house for shitey boat.

dickh

Visit site
Lee Sanitation have lots of different loos - some even electric! - but with prices to match...

dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

TheBoatman

Visit site
Whats this "loos on boats thing". You've got a loo onboard...what luxury.
And there was me thinking that the loo was anywhere around the edges, but not onto the pontoon (very bad form to p**s on the pontoon).
The problem I've always had is I need at least 3 feet of freeboard or it dips in the water and thats cold<s> its enough to stop you mid-stream resulting in dizzy feeling and wobbly eyeballs, all without the use of intoxicating liquor?
I could go on<s>

charles_reed

Visit site
Since I fitted a wrap-round holding tank to mine its has passed beyond the realms of aesthetics and, frankly, looks like a sinister time-transportation device or even an interplanetary ejection escape seat.

The net effect has been that the wife now goes ashore to the loos, but still insists on showering in the boat.

TheBoatman

Visit site
Did that once but I found that it stopped 6" short of the water and made a real LOUD thundering sound all around the marina.
Why is it that it can be blowing dogs off chains when you turn in, but as soon as you get up to pump personal bilges its quieter than the grave with the result that you wake everyone up with the noise?

snowleopard

Visit site
cheapskate builders

why do builders of £100k boats always seem too mean to fit a decent sized toilet. they all seem to save a few quid by fitting these baby's potty sized brydon things.

without going into too much detail, i find them inadequate ;-)