ULEZ on Rivers and Canals

Quint

Visit site
l am now just wondering how long before mayor khan gets round to changing all older Boats petrol , diesel etc on London’s rivers and canals £12.50 per day?.So you don’t think it can happen? Well all I can say is that if I was a Boat liveaboard or a frequent user on one of London’s many canals and Rivers I would be shivering my timbers right now!!!

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Tricky to enforce with cameras as boats do not have standardised registration number displays like cars.

Yes we have names and on canals we have numbers but they are not mandated to be fixed in exactly the same position on every boat so it seems ANPR would probably not work.

Could possibly be enforced manually but would it be worthwhile?

dunedin

Visit site
Canal boats are one of the simplest and cheapest conversions to electric propulsion. Don’t even need expensive LiFePO4 batteries, as generally weight of lead acid batteries not an issue, speed and range needs very low, and easy access to charging. Shall I drop a note to the Mayor?
;-)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Have you been on London canals much?

You'll find vast numbers of diesel main engines being run every day for a considerable amount of time to generate electricity and provide hot water.

I don't know if boats are included in the "no idling" laws.