Twitter

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Why would anyone want to tweet?

Total waste of time.

I somehow expected that from you ! No doubt Fred will soon pile in behind you - I will, no doubt, find out if you are right in the fullness of time :D

However ..... it occurs to me that this could actually be an excellent way of informing each other of river problems etc in real time. We will see.

watson1959

Visit site
Technology

Thanks for the offer, but God no :)

Between email; sms; Blackberry Messenger; Linked-In; Microsoft Office Communicator and now Yammer (those who use it excessively who I have named Yammer Spammers).......I have total and utter information overload.

I refuse to use Facebook: what was once a great idea is now full of people I vaguely know, telling me that they are having raspberry jam for breakfast.

It's a damn shame because all of the aboive are great ways to keep in touch and communicate quickly. I just cant be bothered to figure out a way to filter the junk so inevitably have to read it all in case I miss something.....

So, for me...the River is a place to get away from it all; enjoy the peace and quiet; deal with anything that crops up unexpectedly and block out the technology white noise.

Now....must get a GSM dongle for my latop so I'm not left in limbo :D

Sulley

Visit site
I have to agree with Watson I already have enough overload! Other half uses Twitter but I just didn't get into it. Yes, we have a 3G dongle for the laptop on the boat as well. :)

Lazy Days

Visit site
How many forumites tweet?

I may regret this but I have set up a twitter page @thamesmobo and await developments with interest !

Well I think this is great. I've followed you already :)

For this to really work we should look at agreeing a hashtag that we'd all use when reporting problems. That way we'd not be reliant on you retweeting.

oldgit

Visit site
Olgit is very much "withit " have you kno

Personally find twitter V.useful for arranging the odd minor riot and a bit of recreational light looting ............

Lazy Days

Visit site
Personally find twitter V.useful for arranging the odd minor riot and a bit of recreational light looting ............

Ahhh, this explains why there were no disturbances in the Medway Towns as the riots were actually "arranged" on BBM* not Twitter. Twitter was however where the amazing and inspiring #riotcleanup operation was created and co-ordinated.

*Blackberry Messenger

oldgit

Visit site
Not to be left out................

Axshully not be left out,we had a dozen or so oiks try to set a fire in our local "Wickes" car park.
All were promptly nicked and are currently in the local lock up ! Sigh....

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Hmmmm .... still trying to get my head round this Twitter thingy.

Doesn't seem to have any inbuilt group messaging function which is what I really wanted to achieve.

At the moment I've set it up so that anyone 'following' me (gosh, doesn't that sound biblical:D) will get tweets of anything new posted on the TMBA website news page.

Anyone else know better?

Last edited:

Other threads that may be of interest