tv picture in clyde marina

johns

Visit site
can anyone tell me what kind of aerial i should buy for my colour tv i cant get any picture in ardrossan harbour it is a bad reception aerea

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
If Typhoo pit ra T in Britain
Wha pit ra Dross in Ardrossan?

An a hef tae sae - whit are youse trying tae dae watchin' tele when youse is cradled in the airmpit o' Gods country. Get yersel oot mon and tak a wee stravaig.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gordonmc

Visit site
I had the same prob. when I was berthed in Ardrossan... I eventually settled for a B&Q directional UHF mounted on a 6' pole lined up to the West Kibride relay (approx. NNE). This went in the car when we went anywhere. Indoor aerials were useless.
If you do a search on the forum you might get some alternatives. A freeserve box has some signal amplification, but you will need a digital tele.
How do you find Clyde Marina with all the building work going on? I took a jaunt up the chandlery a couple of weeks ago and everything was moved to the other side of the railtracks. Not exactly convenient, or will it all move back when the flats are finished?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Petercatterall

Visit site
I have a Micky Mouse TV which I use in Ardrossan.
It is never brilliant but is 90% improved when I use a small battery operated booster (bought for about £10)

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
The FreeView box does all the digital stuff, so any old telly will do (make sure the FreeView box bought has ordinary co-ax out as well as Scart)

If the reception is that bad though, unlikely it will work, it needs a reasonably good signal to start with

<hr width=100% size=1>Err, let me know if Depsol enters the forum, I'll go and hide

tcm

Visit site
Re: tsk

well, this isn't very helpful. He'll be missing Big Brother, Eastenders, Emmerdale farm, coronation street and lots of other top quality entertainment with no tv reception.

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Re: tsk

Point taken
I must be more helpful, I must be more helpful, I must be more helpful, I must be more helpful.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

jimi

Visit site
Ardrossan

surely must be the most depressing place in the whole of western Europe .. perhaps only matched by Saltcoats on a particularly grey monday morning.
Compared to these Highclere is a festive mirth ridden bundlre of vibrant youth!

<hr width=100% size=1>

1114C

Visit site
Re: Ardrossan

I agree on that one

Had our boat there last Winter - people at the marina could not have been friendlier but a Februaruy day on the hard in Ardrossan is something I hope never to repeat in my life - I had to go to the pub to recover (not in Ardrossan obviously as I was too scared!)

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aja

Visit site

You havn't been to Ardrossan then?

Donald

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aja

Visit site

You havn't been to Ardrossan then?

2 good things about Ardrossan.