Turkish Visitor Visa

truscott

Visit site
From the link posted above;

New Zealand: Ordinary and official passport holders are exempt from visa for their travels up to 90 days.

I'm planning on quite a few visits to the boat this year, and am curious whether the view is that this 90/180 day set up is going to affect people in my situation. Anyone got first hand experience with this (what'd the Ozzies do to loose the same visa exemptions?)?

Cheers, PT.

akyaka

Visit site
truscott. There is currently NO 90/180 day visa set up you just carry on as previous years . Please read my post. The Turkish Government has only said that it will be looking to introduce changes but will give 3 months notice of implementation for consultation.

dod

Visit site
£10 €15 $20 30tl

It all depends on your departure point and your nationality, Lets assume you're British. IF you depart from the UK the Turks expect sterling and a tenner will do, I ve had two fivers refused and and a twenty refused for two of us. IF you arrive from the "EU" say Greece they want Euros. If you dont have the correct currency and the official is in a good mood you might be able to negotiate. . . but dont expect a favourable rate of exchange.

Ok folks here it is hot from the press. Arrived last night from Sweden (they would not take Krowns or Sterling) I am a British passport holder so Sterling is/was currency accepted by customs when buying a visa. Customs officials at Istanbul refused Sterling (bwhen mentioned Krowns was met with blank looks) and said there was a problem at the bank regarding Sterling (Ahem!!!) They did say it was ok to pay in euros or dollars. Having come from Sweden I had no euros and no dollars so they suggested I go to the ATM and withdraw same. Sorry no cash or credit card so what now? They said they would accept TLira 30 being the figure quoted (luckily for me I had 30TL).
Maybe a one of but you just never know so be prepared for every/any possible variation.
Don't you just love Turkey?
FORUM FIRST WITH ALL UP TO DATE NEWS.

Southern Sailors

Visit site
Anyone got first hand experience with this (what'd the Ozzies do to loose the same visa exemptions?)?

Cheers, PT.
What? Not happy with that. We should be best mates with the Turks with annual Galipoli pilgramages and so forth.

Ah well, my wife has always suggested we get NZ citizenship as well. Just a paperwork process. Might be worth doing if we decide to spend an extended amount of time in Turkey as currently considering. Its hard to find a base in the Med where you can call home as an Aussie with the 90/180 rule in place elsewhere. Turkey was looking like one of the only options, but nothing is easy.

Cheers,
Mike