Turbo Lag VP AD31b

Corky

Visit site
I have a pair of VP AD31b which suffer from bad 'turbo lag' so the boat is slow and takes ages to come onto the plane struggling to get over 3000 revs- even with a clean hull. What can I do to make them come in earlier? I've had the boat about 15yrs and recently it seems so much slower. They've done about 750hrs.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I have a pair of VP AD31b which suffer from bad 'turbo lag' so the boat is slow and takes ages to come onto the plane struggling to get over 3000 revs- even with a clean hull. What can I do to make them come in earlier? I've had the boat about 15yrs and recently it seems so much slower. They've done about 750hrs.
Happy to look .

Corky

Visit site
Hi Paul,
what a kind offer. I'm in Gosport but unable to take her out until my power steering failure is sorted out so would you be able to see enough on the mooring? I also note you're in the Midlands - do you visit the South Coast? I wouldn't want to drag you all this way.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi Paul,
what a kind offer. I'm in Gosport but unable to take her out until my power steering failure is sorted out so would you be able to see enough on the mooring? I also note you're in the Midlands - do you visit the South Coast? I wouldn't want to drag you all this way.
Down there every week .

Corky

Visit site
Sorry mate, I'm the opposite because of work commitments, I really appreciate the offer though. Anything I can look out for?

Corky

Visit site
Not possible really in high security marina and tricky engine hatch.

I'm looking for pointers now as to what to check out. Engines start first time every time (always have) and rev to over 3k but short on power equally.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Can't you take a day off work Corky for Paul to sort your issue?
I’m booked up for weeks plus the summer breakdowns, I only offered because I had 3 jobs in Gosport , I’m a fully signed up contractor on Premiers list , High Security ??? You must be joking it’s a public car park pay and display if you want to park and shop in Gosport no problem it must annoy the berth holders when they can’t get a space after paying thousands a year to moor there .

Corky

Visit site
You must be thinking of another marina - I'm not in Premier. There are other marinas you know - or maybe you don't ! :unsure:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
You must be thinking of another marina - I'm not in Premier. There are other marinas you know - or maybe you don't ! :unsure:
I certainly do know them all , as you said Gosport I presumed you were in Premier Gosport Marina , I also work in Haslar, Gosport Boatyard, The Hornet etc . Sounds like your sorted with your problem .