Trudesign threads sealant

Kapitainchaos

Visit site
Hi,
I have fitted a 50mm trudesign skin fitting.
It is set in epoxy resin In the hope It won’t loosen.
I have seen the list of recommended sealants.
I am still worried about displacing the hull fitting when removing the valve to get at something behind.

I am looking for a thread sealant which allows easy removal for maintenance purposes really.

thnx

Boathook

Visit site
PTFE tape and a back nut should work OK. It does on mine. Trudesign did recommend sealants but I can't remember which was the best for easy removal. In theory, if the through Hull is bonded in correctly you should wreck the fitting before it moves in the hull.

VicS

Visit site
Hi,
I am still worried about displacing the hull fitting when removing the valve to get at something behind.

I am looking for a thread sealant which allows easy removal for maintenance purposes really.

thnx
Will epoxy adhere strongly to the nylon material ? A re you sure an adhesive seaalnt such as Sikaflex, CT1 etc wont be better ?

Poey50

Visit site
Hi,

thnx
Loctite 5331. It's recommended by TruDesign and will allow disassembly with some pressure. I've used it on all my plastic to plastic connections.