Trip to Holland this summer

Baggy

Visit site
Is the Netherlands open to UK nationals, to sail to from the UK,

Planning a trip, maybe up to the Friesian Islands and return via the canals this summer

Bearing in mind I have a tank full of Red diesel, I did not keep the receipts
Would this be a problem

and do not have a Holding Tank, but do have a Portapotty

johnalison

Visit site
I would be reluctant to risk going without receipts for the red diesel. If you can find proof of payment, could you not go to the source of the fuel, assuming that this is local, and obtain a copy?

Baggy

Visit site
The fuel in the tank is from last years tour along the south coast, can remember where I bought it from
Probably Dartmouth

Have been wetting my appetite reading your blog about the Baltic John (y)

johnalison

Visit site
The fuel in the tank is from last years tour along the south coast, can remember where I bought it from
Probably Dartmouth

Have been wetting my appetite reading your blog about the Baltic John (y)
It's very kind of you, but I don't do a blog, in spite of many trips to the Baltic. Perhaps I could forge a receipt for you, then again, perhaps not.

sailorman

Visit site

Planning a trip, maybe up to the Friesian Islands and return via the canals this summer

Would this be a problem

Red not really an issue in the netherlands plus a holding tank not req either

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
I am in Nes, Ameland as I write. No holding tank although we do carry a roll of toilet bags just in case. Never needed to show anyone we have it. No problem with fuel either.

Did have to show Covid vaccination certificate on arrival at Borkum in Germany last week. However my advice is avoid the place. One marina is silted up with no chart or depth gauge, other harbour rolls like a mad thing! Not been impressed by German marinas in general. Water hard to come by and a lack of visitor berths. Helgoland is beautiful if you want to go that far.

johnalison

Visit site
I am in Nes, Ameland as I write. No holding tank although we do carry a roll of toilet bags just in case. Never needed to show anyone we have it. No problem with fuel either.

Did have to show Covid vaccination certificate on arrival at Borkum in Germany last week. However my advice is avoid the place. One marina is silted up with no chart or depth gauge, other harbour rolls like a mad thing! Not been impressed by German marinas in general. Water hard to come by and a lack of visitor berths. Helgoland is beautiful if you want to go that far.
We were very fond of Norderney and were warmly welcomed each time by the HM Jorg who went part time and has probably retired now. The harbour is sheltered and safe with good facilities and a couple of supermarkets not far away. The only problem is that it gets crowded in season and you sometimes end up on the wall. It is a great island for cycling or walking round with a number of things to see, even if it is a bit trippery. It is a useful place to escape the North Sea on returning west if the weather turns foul, when you can get to Dutch inland waters easily.

Athene V30

Visit site
We were very fond of Norderney and were warmly welcomed each time by the HM Jorg who went part time and has probably retired now. The harbour is sheltered and safe with good facilities and a couple of supermarkets not far away. The only problem is that it gets crowded in season and you sometimes end up on the wall. It is a great island for cycling or walking round with a number of things to see, even if it is a bit trippery. It is a useful place to escape the North Sea on returning west if the weather turns foul, when you can get to Dutch inland waters easily.
The marina is OK but the attitude of the HM unacceptable. No water on the quay unless they put out a standpipe and they only do that with reluctance and don’t tell anyone when! We left with empty water tanks having bought 2x5 litre bottles at the supermarket.

johnalison

Visit site
The marina is OK but the attitude of the HM unacceptable. No water on the quay unless they put out a standpipe and they only do that with reluctance and don’t tell anyone when! We left with empty water tanks having bought 2x5 litre bottles at the supermarket.
Was that Borkum? I have only been there a couple of times and don’t remember what was available. I can’t actually remember the water at Norderney either but there is certainly water on the pontoon. There may be a problem on the wall, where there is also limited electricity.

Athene V30

Visit site
Was that Borkum? I have only been there a couple of times and don’t remember what was available. I can’t actually remember the water at Norderney either but there is certainly water on the pontoon. There may be a problem on the wall, where there is also limited electricity.
Norderney we struggled to get water as we were on the wall. Electricity was available. We shared a plug in with the Dutch boat outboard. It was one of the most expensive places to date and isn’t a patch on the Dutch facilities.
In Borkum we tried the suggested berth in Reeds. No water, no showers. Tend lines with tide. Very rolly and exposed. On return we went into the local club which had slightly better shelter but still no water. The marina mentioned in Reeds as silted up is still silted up. Access probably from half tide but no depth gauge or data available. However the bar/restaurant is good.
We enjoyed the scenery in Helgoland but for me I won’t be rushing back to German marinas.

sailorman

Visit site

Would this be a problem

Red i not an issue in the netherlands6 yrs ago ew spebt 6 weeks travelling extensivly anf marked fuel was never checked or much else for thst

sailorman

Visit site
We had about a week on the canal at sas van edam.nxt to yhe camp site. Twas a pleasant sopt. Camp site ablutions available as was lekkie from sockets i the grass vergepay ejros in a slot the hm cycles along eack evening to collect dues. The spot.js a short bike ride from edam a pleasant town

Other threads that may be of interest