Trip of a lifetime! Sail from Indonesia to India

windjammer

Visit site
Escape for a while into the realms of imagination, romance, adventure, history and exploration.

Come with us on our 23 metre wooden tall masted sailing boat which is a traditional Indonesian phinisi?ketch as sailed by the infamous Bugis traders and pirates for centuries. She was built in the traditional ways at Tanah Beru, a village with a centuries old tradition in the craft of boat building.

Now she is ready to spread her wings ?or rather her sails, all 9 of them ?and venture through the Indonesian archipilago via Flores, Java and Sumatra and onwards to the Nicobar and Andaman Islands, Sri Lanka and on to the east coast of India.

We are looking for enthusiastic, adventurous travellers to join us on this fantastic voyage which will take approximately 2-3 months. With plenty of desert islands, snorkelling, bar-b-ques and music to help pass the time.

If you want to feel the wind in the canvas taking you to places that you've only dreamt of, if you want to do something that you may never have the opportunity to do again and something that only a few people will be doing (we only take a maximum of 8 passengers), you need to contact us without delay.

We plan to sail on the 5th September 2003 and expect the trip to take up to 3 months. If you want to share in the voyage of a lifetime, the price which includes passage from South Sulawesi to India, all meals on board, drinking water, tea and coffee is 2,250 $U.S. per person ?only 25 $ per day. However if your booking is confirmed and paid for in full within one month we can offer a discounted price of
2,000 $U.S. per person ?22$ per day . Multiple bookings of 2 or more people are eligible for further discounts. Remember that we only take 8 passengers.

Cold beer always available (just not included in the price) !!

Email me now for booking details and any further information that you require at windjammercharters@yahoo.co.uk

If you need to think about it, it's not for you!

Jenni

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: advertising!

Mind you, this is a bit mad so it could also be a joke, so not to worry. On first reading I thought we would be paid the $2,000 a month.

Surely, though, one would still have to think about it? I mean, you'd have to be a bit of a nerk not to "think about it" surely? Praps that's who they are after?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Re: Lord Jim?

Conrad novel about a bloke who floats around the Indies and is a bit of a bad luck charm. Also a David Lean film. And now you tell me a boat... ah well.

<hr width=100% size=1>