Treadmaster

Martyn C

Visit site
I want to replace the Treadmaster mats on my boat but am looking for something a bit cheaper. Does anyone have any ideas on a suitable alternative?

Regards

Martyn

pvb

Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "Treadmaster mats". If you're talking about deck covering, there's nothing to beat Treadmaster.

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
...make something similar which is a bit cheaper. Also try Compass24.com

Chas
I don't think the Vetus product is any cheaper, but it is good. My boat (1984) still has, I believe, the original covering and still has a few years life left in it. Patched a bit though where poles etc. have been dropped on it.

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
Went through this a couple of years ago. I was determined to find something cheaper and as good. There are several cheaper versions around but on investigation they were very inferior in life expectancy. In the end I had to admit defeat and get treadmaster. You would be half way to reducing the cost if you could find a cheaper (but as effective) glue.
The cheapest option is to remove the old treadmaster, repair the deck then paint it with sandtex or equivalent. I was replacing smooth treadmaster on the cockpit seats so this wasn't an option I could take if I wanted to keep the seat in my trousers.

brownsox

Visit site
You don't say why you want to change it, but when we bought our boat it had dark grey TM which looked very dinghy. We painted it cream using the special TM cleaner and TM paint which has been brilliantly successful. Still looks good after 3 summers of being on the boat for 3-4 months.