TRANSIT LOG UPDATE from the CA

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Transit Log update
The official line.
If you were in Greece at 31st Dec 2020, and remain in Greek waters YOU DO NOT NEED A TRANSIT LOG.
I have explained to the AADE that some of their customs are demanding we get a TL.
So no need to go anywhere near customs until you leave and return to to Greek waters.
If ANY ONE tells you otherwise, tell them to call the AADE for guidance.
We still await the EU Commission completion of action, which is excruciatingly slow.
So anyone arriving in Greek waters from anywhere, will need to visit customs. We have suggested that a yachts from EU waters also are regarded as paid until the leave and return. They are discussing that today.
But you will have to get what ever TL you can get on returning

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Transit Log update
The official line.
If you were in Greece at 31st Dec 2020, and remain in Greek waters YOU DO NOT NEED A TRANSIT LOG.
I have explained to the AADE that some of their customs are demanding we get a TL.
So no need to go anywhere near customs until you leave and return to to Greek waters.
We still await the EU Commission completion of action, which is excruciatingly slow.
So anyone arriving in Greek waters from anywhere, will need to visit customs. We have suggested that a yachts from EU waters also are regarded as paid until the leave and return. They are discussing that today.
To get this straight are you saying the Owner must have been in Greece on Dec 2020 or are you referring to just his boat. Or both.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Transit Log update
The official line.
Okay you have proved me wrong , thank you very much for the work you carry out for your membership.

Cariadco

Visit site
Not from me, I'm just the messenger here, but fresh in from Lefkas....................

''Ok folks just to clear this up. The Port Police in Lefkada were unaware of the directive about Transit Logs as that is dealt with by Customs. They were made aware yesterday and have agreed that a TL is not required by boats that were in the EU on 31.12.20. BUT you must have proof of that AND proof that the boat has not left EU waters i.e. marina contracts, TEPAI etc. You must also carry the relevant law on board.
To sum it up:
UK flagged, EU28 (inc.UK) VAT paid boats that were in EU waters on 31.12.20 DO NOT NEED A TRANSIT LOG OF ANY SORT. As long as you have evidence of such i.e. a supporting document to that effect. BUT as soon as you leave EU waters you lose the above status.
UK flagged EU27 VAT paid boats that have left EU waters and return to Greece will need a UTL.
UK flagged UK VAT paid boats that leave EU waters and return will need a TIL log which is for Third Country Nationals and is valid for 18 months.
Please do not come back with all sorts of silly scenarios about sailing 12 miles offshore or try to pick holes in what I have said. This is the position here in Lefkada. With the relevant law in Greek you should be able to put your point. But we all know that Greek officials are a law unto themselves.
The relevant law in Greek is from AADE no. E2050 dated 1st March 2021. It can be downloaded from the AADE website. As can the amendment E2067 dated 26th March stating that EU residence is not required for EU27 VAT paid boats returning to EU waters. Then stick them into Google translate.''

grafozz

Visit site
Not from me, I'm just the messenger here, but fresh in from Lefkas....................

''Ok folks just to clear this up. The Port Police in Lefkada were unaware of the directive about Transit Logs as that is dealt with by Customs. They were made aware yesterday and have agreed that a TL is not required by boats that were in the EU on 31.12.20. BUT you must have proof of that AND proof that the boat has not left EU waters i.e. marina contracts, TEPAI etc. You must also carry the relevant law on board.
To sum it up:
UK flagged, EU28 (inc.UK) VAT paid boats that were in EU waters on 31.12.20 DO NOT NEED A TRANSIT LOG OF ANY SORT. As long as you have evidence of such i.e. a supporting document to that effect. BUT as soon as you leave EU waters you lose the above status.
UK flagged EU27 VAT paid boats that have left EU waters and return to Greece will need a UTL.
UK flagged UK VAT paid boats that leave EU waters and return will need a TIL log which is for Third Country Nationals and is valid for 18 months.
Please do not come back with all sorts of silly scenarios about sailing 12 miles offshore or try to pick holes in what I have said. This is the position here in Lefkada. With the relevant law in Greek you should be able to put your point. But we all know that Greek officials are a law unto themselves.
The relevant law in Greek is from AADE no. E2050 dated 1st March 2021. It can be downloaded from the AADE website. As can the amendment E2067 dated 26th March stating that EU residence is not required for EU27 VAT paid boats returning to EU waters. Then stick them into Google translate.''

TEPAI is still required though ?

Chris_Robb

Visit site

To sum it up:
Let's clear it up,,, what a joke.
The latest from AADE head (Thursday )is that you don't even need to go to another country just sail 6 miles off shore and you loose VAT status and when you get to the next island you should apply for Temporary Admission and a TL as a third country.

This is a complete joke but unfortunately it's in writing from the head of the VAT customs ,konstaninos mourtidis.

Now they really have lost their marbles. On Friday a discussion took place with the head of Piraeus customs which seemed to indicate it was a mistake, but no counter orders yet.

Article 155 of UCC deal precisely going from a to b and entering international waters before EU waters again. It's just ludicrous.

The effect on a 2 week cruise from Poros to Kythnos to Mickenos to Naxos and back to Poros, each going out side the 6 mile limit will require you take a new TL at each port, applying each time for TA.

What a joke. If this stands, no 3rd country yacht could stay in Greece.

Don't panic though, yet another complaint to the EU has been raised , breaking Article 155.

Mad

Caladh

Visit site
Let's clear it up,,, what a joke.
The latest from AADE head (Thursday )is that you don't even need to go to another country just sail 6 miles off shore and you loose VAT status and when you get to the next island you should apply for Temporary Admission and a TL as a third country.

This is a complete joke but unfortunately it's in writing from the head of the VAT customs ,konstaninos mourtidis.

Now they really have lost their marbles. On Friday a discussion took place with the head of Piraeus customs which seemed to indicate it was a mistake, but no counter orders yet.

Article 155 of UCC deal precisely going from a to b and entering international waters before EU waters again. It's just ludicrous.

The effect on a 2 week cruise from Poros to Kythnos to Mickenos to Naxos and back to Poros, each going out side the 6 mile limit will require you take a new TL at each port, applying each time for TA.

What a joke. If this stands, no 3rd country yacht could stay in Greece.

Don't panic though, yet another complaint to the EU has been raised , breaking Article 155.

Mad
Still, at least it’s going pretty well Chris.