Traitor !!!

jimi

Visit site
Who is this man & what is he doing?
prophesy.jpg

steve99

Visit site
runs in the family

bloody hell , that is my uncle , the one who upset this righteous house by asking a question about how he would be able to flaunt all the $$$$ he's making (don't ask how ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ).

however , look at the pic , you can just see it coming , that was just before he turned all green and converted the boat into a fullfledged vomitorium , he's now converted to the noble art of BINGO !!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Beware of Jocks bearing digital cameras

Nicho has just taken delivery of his new boat (Bavaria 36). It needed to be moved from the agent's yard to its new home a few miles down the coast. Jimi and I cadged a lift. The picture is of your correspondent (well known for his somewaht elistist and antediluvian views on modern mobile mass-manufactured marine maisonettes) at the wheel of said vessel.

Actually, it was shot aboard the latest Kingfisher, when I was passing on a tip or two about going to windward to our Ellen. That's her, just in shot on the left.

nicho

Visit site
Re: Beware of Jocks bearing digital cameras

......."It was a great privilege, and a huge pleasure" said Ken and Jimi "for ME to have THEM on board" Well, perhaps they were right - thanks Guys, it was good to have you as shipmates - and to have Ellen Mac along as well was just the icing on the cake. (by the way Ken, you left your flask on board - I thought you said it was hot chocolate, but it tasted more like finest malt whisky when we opened it later - good job JIMI didn't know at the time......!!

SHMBO reckons she'd seen you both somewhere before? - BBC Crimewatch maybe?

Seriously, thanks again, it was a great day..

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Explanation required

Using my portland plotter, have just worked out that there is aprox 35 degrees of heel on the boat. Why is this, the water looks flattish, clouds? (should know but haven't done this bit in YM yet) helmsman unconcernedish, crew relaxed enough to have camera out, no lifeboats in sight. Is the heel due to?

1 Helmsmans apparent bouyancy and subsequent weight transfer
2 The Bav factor
3 Sail set
4 Inexperienced crew
5 Sudden unforeseen squall not yet visible aft

:))

jimi

Visit site
Bugger .. thought you had\'nt noticed!

Its these modern button vhf sets, very confusing when you've got to do 80E to get 80 and 80 just gives you 16 back. Give me a good old fashioned twister button anytime Doh ...

iangrant

Visit site
Was it on Saturday Morning, out of Chichester entrance?

If so we were the Jeanneau in front of you! You nearly caught us up at one point - blimey, had to wake up and do some of that sail trimming.

Ian

jimi

Visit site
That was us! I've got a piccie of your boat .. a bit of a distant shot but if you PM me an Email address I'll send it to you this evening!