Trailer Kits

merlin

Visit site
Many years ago I bought a kit of parts to build my own boat trailer , I wondered if this was still possible and if any reader knows where I can find a supplier. Thanks

peterager

Visit site
The catalogue may have been the old Indespension one. I have used their designs quite succesfully in the past.
Have a look in your Yellow Pages for a trailer supplier or an Indespension stockist, they should be able to supply most of the parts to build a trailer. The steel work would have to come from your local steel stockholder and be made up by a local engineering firm, unless you can weld yourself.
It is also possible to get the whole chassis galvanised if needed.
However the galvanising and the parts can work out pretty pricey.

regards
Peter

oldharry

Visit site
Except for very basic dinghy trailers, home building is no longer a cheap proposition, unless you can fabricate suspension parts etc for yourself, and the whole subject is hedged round with Brusselian EU nonsense. Get a copy of the Indispension manual which spells it all out, and shop around for the parts. Its sometimes cheaper to buy complete than to build as the mark up on individual bits can total a whole lot more than that of a complete standard production unit!

G

Try towsure.co.uk - outlets in Sheffield and Southampton or mail order. They can supply most parts and have a DIY booklet. They used to do a dinghy chassis - D400 or D700 in my catalogue but you may have to ask as it is not listed on the web site.