Trader fuel efficiency?

IDAMAY

Winter: Algarve Summer: Wherever the boat is.
Visit site
For more price calibration, my old Trader 42 has just sold. The asking price at time of sale was £249,000 so we may surmise that it went for somewhat less than that. It was a 2008 boat with about 1400 hours on the larger Cummins engines. It also had just about every extra in the book including, larger generator, aircon, heating, extended bathing platform and paserrelle crane.

Rather unusually it also had a hard top which meant that the command bridge was enclosed and waterproof with the rear canvas in place.. This meant that there was no need for an additional internal helm to provide complete protection.

I do agree with Stillwaters that we can get a bit hung up about satabilsers. With the 42 it was quite possible to introduce dynamic stability by increasing speed to 12 to 14 kts but at the expense, as I have said before, of additional fuel cost. In the end you pays your money and makes your choice. Having said that once you have had a boat with stabilisers you would find it very hard to go back.

IDAMAY

Winter: Algarve Summer: Wherever the boat is.
Visit site
It sounds a nice boat. Do you have a link to the details?

Unfortunately as the boat has now been sold the details have been removed from the brokerage sites of Trader Motor Yachts and Ancasta. Trader Motor Yachts have a similar although quite a bit lower spec model for sale in Croatia. To my knowledge it has been on the market for well over two years and possibly longer. I think it is the only other hard top model for sale in Europe.

http://www.tradermotoryachts.com