Torqeedo experience

Salty John

www.saltyjohn.co.uk
Does anyone have operating experience with the Torqeedo 2.0 electric outboard? I'm particulalry interested in battery charging regimes, but also functionality on boats up to a ton or so displacement and noise output.
Thanks in advance.

Suffolk Explorer

Visit site
Torqeedo T800 pushed a Wayfarer along very nicely last week for about an hour in total, and said it was still 60% charged at the end. Still learning with it, and would be interested in more information about the internal electronics (why 6 connectors between the battery and the motor?) and a sensibly priced connector for an external battery.

Evadne

Visit site
I've got a Travel 800 as well, after many years of using a DC motor for my tender.
Noise is noticably higher than the old motor, but nothing as bad as a petrol outboard.
I've not tried it to push the big boat with it yet (4 tons may be a bit too much) but the only issue I've had is a faulty tiller arm which (I hope) has now been fixed with a replacement. Not impressed by the use of an RJ45 plug between the tiller and motor, which was probably the source of trouble.
I think the 6-way connector is purely to distribute the current, by the way.