Tonysa AIS

Rappey

Visit site
Never heard of it but it is dual and B+ . For £150 on amazon its a good price and cant see why it would be rubbish.
Aves marine is an official onwa uk dealer. Their similar unit is £320 which is still a bargain compared to raymarine and are using the latest protocols ..
I found the onwa units on aliexpress for £25 !!!! Raymarine want nearly £1000 for older technology..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_145117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_145117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 33

Refueler

Visit site
Never heard of it but it is dual and B+ . For £150 on amazon its a good price and cant see why it would be rubbish.
Aves marine is an official onwa uk dealer. Their similar unit is £320 which is still a bargain compared to raymarine and are using the latest protocols ..
I found the onwa units on aliexpress for £25 !!!! Raymarine want nearly £1000 for older technology..

The 25 quid item is the ANTENNA .... not the AIS unit ...

Looked at the TONYSA unit online at Amazon and I can find no reference to it being B+ ..... in fact its using CSTDMA ... which is the Class B form ... Class B+ uses SOTDMA - same as Class A.

This puts it as 'old style'.

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
I read it, we are in the market for AIS. Sitting in a ferry queue in the fog just now concentrates the mind on such things. We are not PC based on our boat, we’d need an NMEA output. Onwa looks like a possible for us.
I bought from Aves Marine last year. Super before and after sales service from Alan. I'm moving the unit to a new boat and he answered immediately a couple of weeks ago when I asked for instructions to change the MMSI.

Refueler

Visit site
I have no commercial interest at all with ONWA ... just a very happy customer and impressed with Alan's dedication to providing excellent back-up / service.
Because ONWA themselves do not really keep their Forum updated as well as could be - I started an ONWA FB page ... which is supported by Alan and others.

Visit site
+1 for the Onwa ,Purchased mine 2 years ago, very competitive price, he will set it up for you when given the required boat info, and he modified all the cables to make fitting the unit and ariel very easy. All included in the price. Great service

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
+1 for the Onwa ,Purchased mine 2 years ago, very competitive price, he will set it up for you when given the required boat info, and he modified all the cables to make fitting the unit and ariel very easy. All included in the price. Great service
Good to know. I will probably wait for the new model as it appears to be imminent, though I guess a quick email wouldnt be a bad idea.