Today i got my port bill! How much do you pay p.a Cant be this much?

chrisc

Visit site
Gothenburg .W sweden

10.8 Metres.. 233 pounds in the Marina for summer
350 pounds for winter on hard standing (which this year for the first time ,but not the last includes VAT at 25%)
But there are long waiting lists for places in all the marinas near Gothenburg ,still possible to get places though on the islands or 1 hour drive along coast.
My mooring place is in the largest Marina on the west coast (Bjorlanda kile)which is within walking distance (took me 1 hour) of Save airport (Ryanair to Stansted).

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
Kalamata Marina, SW Peloponese:

Euros (1.5 to the £), electricity and water included. Good shower block and toilets, centre of restaurant area, evening meal for two, €20; diesel engineer, €10 to €15 per hour depending how well you get on with him.

Metres / per day / Per year
8,50 / 14,00 / 1.252,00
9,50 / 17,00 / 1.489,00
10,50 / 18,00 / 1.626,00
11,50 / 21,00 / 2.060,00
12,50 / 24,00 / 2.245,00

Similar costs in Kos marina.

In Pylos, Syros (and many other very well sheltered recently renovated harbours which don't have electricity or water) in Greece, €4 per night for 12m yacht, only charged when you actually use the berth.

That's only £1,000 per year. With an extra £500 pa in places like Naxos and Paros, which supply electricity and water as well.

jenku

Visit site
Re: Today i got my port bill! How much do you pay p.a Cant be this muc

I Sweden the difference between clubs and marinas is huge! Clubs cost nearly nothing and are still exempt from VAT. I pay about 300 EUR a year for berth with electricity, haul out, winter on the dry and launch.

srm

Visit site

Orkney,
Stromness and Kirkwall marinas 12 months = £90 / metre
6 months = £60 / metre.
Electricity is metred for long term stays.

Marinas are run by local berth holders to keep costs down.

DeeGee

Visit site

Treguier Marina, N Brittany. £625 for 11m. Water and Elec. included. But we have to pay about £200/yr for 'droit de passeport'. ((If we had been clever, we would have the boat owned by someone non-resident ! Still thinking about it.))

Superflid

Visit site

£30 a year, as much electricity as I want as long as I move and tie up next to the fishing boats, tap for fresh water on the quay.

But it's muddy and cold, you really wouldn't like climbing up and down a dirty ladder and the sea is 5 miles away downriver (although that did mean we had a day's sailing in the river yesterday while it was blowing F6/F7 in The Wash.....)

Terrible place this East coast, you really should stay away, it's always dreary and wet......

Dyflin

Visit site

Dun Laoghaire Marina, Dublin; €395 x 6.9m = 2725.50 (about St£1825 for a 23' boat) on annual contract.

Free water and metered electricity.

RMA

Visit site
37 footer – Clyde area – swinging mooring plus winter storage ashore, includes lift in and out and mast up and down – just over £700 a year. Not surprisingly the yard is full up, although I will probably be bringing the boat back south next summer. Only problem is its 450 miles from home and when I go there it’s usually raining. Still, you can’t have everything.

anniebray

Visit site
Boat Club Portsmouth harbour within 2 miles of Port Solent. 10m swinging mooring (1/2 tidal), Winter storage, any no of launches/recoveries, bloody good company.....£400

Visit site

I'm on the East Coast at Tollesbury marina £1,736 inc VAT for 8.4m this includes storage ashore in winter in a field. You have to pay extra for your leccy and you can only access/leave HW +-2 hours otherwise you won't cross the bar.

Lift out costs extra as well.

Gabbe

Visit site

Lake Mälaren (Sweden) - 11,2 x 3,5 - with water, el, 2 crainings, VAT-
£100 a year - free ice included.

johnkeith

Visit site

Where on the Clyde are you? I just paid £700 for the winter alone - summer will be a lot more.

tazzle

Visit site

I was paying £780 pa for 7.3m/24' on a drying pontoon at Newhaven (power and water free), now a wee bit more on the Mudway for the same. No port dues for Newhaven, £47 pa for the Mudway.

David_Jersey

Visit site

I have a "freind" who does not pay anything /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif