Toast

Frogmogman

Visit site
For the purpose of clarity....my toaster is connected to this....

Seems like overkill to me 😂

The slice in a frying pan works just fine for me, or even better, a wander to the local boulangerie for a delicious fresh crusty baguette….

Bouba

Visit site
Seems like overkill to me 😂

The slice in a frying pan works just fine for me, or even better, a wander to the local boulangerie for a delicious fresh crusty baguette….
But it can save you a fortune....I can toast day old bread....instead of chucking it out

Kelpie

Visit site
I think being able to run an electric toaster is worth every penny of our electrical system.
Life's too short to sit and watch bread burn in a dry pan.

Bouba

Visit site
Ok...we dug out of the bottom drawn our old toast it bags (at least 14 years old)...made the sandwich put it in the toaster...and it would not fit....found our old toaster and it worked...decanting involves burning fingertips....but, apart from a funny taste it wasn’t too bad

Humblebee

Visit site
Another option, which works for us, is to buy bags of part bake rolls and pop a couple in the oven when needed. Aldi are the best, we find, and they have a long shelf life.

rotrax

Visit site
When toast is required on board, having the 8KW Genset means we can have it anytime if not on shorepower.

Plus, as Bouba says, you can toast older bread to save chucking it out.

Recently discovered a new trick. First Mate on a diet, so no lunctime sandwich for her, she is on healthy salads.

Instead of buying loaves, we buy 8 ciabatta rolls and freeze them. For my lunch I have a defrosted roll and give it a minute in the pre-heated air fryer at 180 degrees. Freshens it up a treat!

Nicer bread with no waste. We have a small air fryer on the boat too. :)

burgundyben

Visit site
If its any used you can have this Flavel Vanessa for the cost of the postage. I fired it up recently, works fine. Old but barely used. I'll even dig out the grill pan for your toast.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
How many boat owners on here have BBQ on board in there cockpit

We have a Gas BBQ and not only use it for cooping steak or burgers but use it for making toast Butter topside then toast underside then turn over butter new topside and slurp down

Daydream believer

Visit site
Ridge Monkey XL You can do toast on gas with it as well as toasted sarnies. There is a you tube series of lots of meals with them inc a full english breakfast. I have that one plus the smaller sandwhich one which I do burgers etc in. Great for chips etc & a host of other grub. For best vids look at the ones done by Simon Bishop. But do not buy the extra large one. It is a different animal.

sawduster

Visit site
Ridge Monkey XL You can do toast on gas with it as well as toasted sarnies. There is a you tube series of lots of meals with them inc a full english breakfast. I have that one plus the smaller sandwhich one which I do burgers etc in. Great for chips etc & a host of other grub. For best vids look at the ones done by Simon Bishop. But do not buy the extra large one. It is a different animal.
The ridge monkey sandwich toaster xl is great for toast, highly recommend it too.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Perhaps I could make my first million marketing compact diesel fuelled toaster? :D
If it gives as much trouble in a marine environment as ebispackers, and has the same risk of filling the air with diesel fumes, it wont sell that well.

Folks used to use pressured paraffin stoves on boats, and they would certainly toast things. I understand that some modern ones can run on diesel but I imagine its fairly smelly. Having had primus stovesI would only want to use one in the open due to the chance jet of flame right up to the ceiling. Which is why we mostly use gas or spirit stoves.

B27

Visit site
I go sailing to live differently from ashore.
I get enough toast at home.

Adapt and survive!