Tinker Tramp

markhankey

Visit site
Hi. Just bought a Tinker Tramp but it has one rotten floor panel. Has anyone got any good tips / ideas as to how to replace it? Thanks in advance folks

aquaplane

www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk
My Dad scrapped his when the leaks in the floor became too much. To be fair it was also getting too heavy for him to hoist aboard so he replaced it with a too small, lighter tender.

Sometimes you have to acknowledge that stuff wears out.

Good luck fixing it.

James_Calvert

Visit site
I have a Tinker Tramp in semi retirement... Still think it's a great tender.

Greatest challenge in repairs is the glueing. I'd recommend you get the floor mended by a professional repairer. Cutting a new bit of marine ply the right shape would be a doddle. But getting everything to stick to it and the tubes, permanently, is almost impossible for the amateur without access to the best glues and a temperature controlled and dust free workshop.

I don't normally acknowledge that a paid for job might be better than DIY, but in this case...

GHA

Visit site
I've replaced panels before just using copious amounts of West system epoxy.
And put in a window to the wonderful underwater world... :cool:

P3270037.jpg

markhankey

Visit site
Hi folks. Just to say many thanks for all the advice and cool ideas. As an interim I epoxied in a load of glass and it seems to be doing well so far. When it fails I am going for the Gucci window option :). Thanks again. Regards. Mark

markhankey

Visit site
Hi GHA. Now winter is here I have some time to give this a go. I was planning to use a heat gun/scraper to unfasten the old panel and will now use epoxy to glass in again. Any other top tips would be really appreciated. Thanks for your help