Tillerpilot question plus thanks

G

I have a tillerpilot with a brandname "NAUTECH" which works fine however I have no information about it whatsoever. I believe that it was manufactured by a company which was taken over by Raytheon. The local Raytheon rep has no information either. does anyone know where I could get a circuit diagram or even an operations manual? I intend to get a new Raytheon ST1000 and use the Nautech as a backup.

I am so pleased to see this forum back up and running. All the other yachting forums and newsgroups are not as helpful as this one. Most of the replies I see here are well thought out and people don't get flamed for being new and asking basic questions. Currently I am stuck at home recuperating from another cardiac bypass and am planning refurbishments to my small yacht so that I can start cruising as soon as I get the medical clearance. Being stuck at home enables me to spend a lot of time on the net in sites like this.
Once again thanks to the team that got the problems sorted
rv (ie haRVey Porter)
sv 'Haliastur' of Sydney NSW
see the gallery at www.gfs.org.au (I am getting a new jib)

G

There's a bit of a family tree answer to your question. Nautech was a UK company that became Autohelm. Autohelm was purchased by Raytheon and now Raytheon Marine has just gone through an MBO process and emerged as Raymarine. Not sure what official support is still on offer, but some of the UK-based staff have served with the company since Nautech days and they certainly know their stuff.

Check out http://www.raymarine.com/recreational/support/autopilots/index.html

If all else fails, a call on +44 (0) 23 9269 3611 will get you further information.

Hope you get back out on the water soon.

G

Thanks for the genealogy. I contacted the Australian Agents and they agreed with your 'tree' and tell me that the ST1000 will fit in place of my old unit unfortunately they don't have any manuals etc. I had intended to get a new unit and associated instruments anyway.
rv
sv Haliastur

G

I had a similar problem... If you go to the raymarine.com website they have most user manuals on line for download. If it is not there you can contact their Technical Services Department through the website and they will e-mail the User Manuals in pdf format to you. (You will need Adobe Acrobat to read it).

The user manuals I needed were sent to me within a few hours - great service.

Hope this helps
Chris

Other threads that may be of interest