Tie down your boats, folks!

sailingmartin

Visit site
Three boats (well two and a half) broke free of their mooring in the Emsworth Channel in Chichester Harbour and landed up ashore. One sizeable fishing boat, one trimaran and half a catamaran. I spoke to the owner of the catamaran and he said the other half was still on the mooring.

westhinder

Visit site
Indeed, thinking about it further we rescued a neighbouring jib (twice, in very high winds) when it began to 'balloon' in mid-section, the regions above and above and below being still quite tight, and I suspect that is not uncommonly the way the damage begins, where the furl is inevitably less tight.
Exactly, and it takes surprisingly little time for a sail to be shredded once the wind has loosened one small bit of leech.

savageseadog

Visit site
Three boats (well two and a half) broke free of their mooring in the Emsworth Channel in Chichester Harbour and landed up ashore. One sizeable fishing boat, one trimaran and half a catamaran. I spoke to the owner of the catamaran and he said the other half was still on the mooring.
Monohull conversion

Stemar

Visit site
Those pics are a strong argument in favour of taking masts down when out of the water. Just hope those boats aren't too badly damaged.

Admittedly, our club compound is well sheltered from everywhere from NNW to SE, but everyone survived intact, give or take the odd tarp, even though some fins are on some pretty iffy support. All masts have to come down.

Giblets

Visit site
These pictures are a good argument for having a Catamaran. ;)
Errm, from post #81 "Three boats (well two and a half) broke free of their mooring in the Emsworth Channel in Chichester Harbour and landed up ashore. One sizeable fishing boat, one trimaran and half a catamaran. I spoke to the owner of the catamaran and he said the other half was still on the mooring. "

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
These pictures are a good argument for having a Catamaran. ;)
V-Gorda-Yard-All-Wind-sm.jpg

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Due to a hectic diary I spent storm eunice down on the boat prepping for some work next month. The highest gust was 67 kts F12 but most of the day it was in the 30's. Almost all the boats in the yard have their masts up, nothing fell over but we are propped rather than in cradles. What is interesting about @Koeketiene's post is the narrowness of the cradles.

FL46xlhX0AcaOyE.jpeg

dancrane

Visit site
First, click the symbol here in the row above the typing area...

51892935748_d85ba89255_z.jpg

Then select 'Media', and click that...

51892936658_a1a75cab27_z.jpg

...then copy the link (or 'URL') to the video you want to display here (typically Youtube) and paste it into the space...

51893503300_cdc3a33c61_z.jpg

When your post appears, it will include the video.

There may be other and better ways, but that works fine for me
. :)