Tide times apps

Charlie Boy

Visit site
What are folks using at the moment? For some years I’ve had Tide 7 which has been really useful for the UK and the European North Sea/Channel coast. Trouble is, now I’m on Android 10 it crashes whenever I try to add a new port. Tried the whole uninstall/install thing but now I have NO ports! Email to the developer has just been sent so maybe that will do something?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
A couple of years ago I fitted a tide clock to my boat and set it to the standard port (Greenock, Oban or Belfast) for the area I'm in. Of course it isn't as precise as doing things all RYA style or using an app, but since weather makes those methods inaccurate anyway I find it works very well, ie quite well enough.

dankilb

Visit site
UK Tides (or ‘Tides UK’ in the logo) on Apple is good. A couple of quid a year if you want 12 months in advance. It won’t show me the price anymore because I’ve subscribed!

Neeves

Visit site
We have downloaded to iPad, free, the (Australian) Bureau of Meteorology tides for New South Wales, which gives adjustment for the various ports along the coast but we do as JD has done and invested in a battery driven tide clock which is sufficiently accurate for most purposes and prominently located on the saloon wall. If we are beaching our cat we use the tide chart and 'rule of twelves'.

Jonathan

Rappey

Visit site
I would love a tide app that displays the tide in a similar way the wind is displayed in windy/predict wind

ctva

Visit site
Another vote for Imray which has the tidal atlases for a one off fee and is the only app I use for tides. Also UKHO Easytides.

cpedw

Visit site
Imray Tides Planner. Love it. Possibly my most used app. ?
There's a glitch in Imray Tides for Oban, at least on Android. It shows multiple high tides on 30/9 and 20/10. Oban's not like that according to several other sources. Imray acknowledged in January that this is probably an error but it doesn't seem to be fixed yet.
Derek

Teko

Visit site
I like the imray app, BUT on Saturday the app said HW Portsmouth 0510 BST
Where as reeds almanac had
HW Portsmouth 0314UT (0414BST)