Tide Mill Yacht Harbour Woodbridge

Aquaboy

Visit site
To my mind its down to the type of sailing you do and time available. If happy drifting up and down the river its perfect but if intending to go further much more restrictive.. The Deben Dash........ then when out of the river if going south you'll always be against the ebb. Go left for Orford way and you arrive off the entrance around low water. Anchor for a while until the flood gets going so not too bad ....but ..........as a holiday home in a pretty little Suffolk town it would take some beating ....... just my thoughts.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
To my mind its down to the type of sailing you do and time available. If happy drifting up and down the river its perfect but if intending to go further much more restrictive.. The Deben Dash........ then when out of the river if going south you'll always be against the ebb. Go left for Orford way and you arrive off the entrance around low water. Anchor for a while until the flood gets going so not too bad ....but ..........as a holiday home in a pretty little Suffolk town it would take some beating ....... just my thoughts.

Having been in the tidemill for a few years I would say this is a pretty accurate description

Greg2

Visit site
We have been based in Tidemill for the last 18 months or so. It has always been a great destination (lovely town with plenty of watering holes and good grazing) but for years we didn’t move there because we thought the tidal restrictions and distance from the sea might be an issue. Having taken the plunge we are very happy - it suits us now but might not have in previous years.

In reality it is one of the best locations in the area but that makes it good to visit and if you are based there the notion to go elsewhere can diminish. If you sail then it isn’t so good (as described by Aquaboy) but we have a mobo and crucially a gaff rigged day sailer that we put on a swing mooring in the Orwell for the summer so we can sail whenever we want to.

Greg2

Visit site
Did anyone actually answer your question about berth availability :)

No, we didn’t! 😉

Generally the marina is full but there is a degree of churn - two friends have moved there in recent months. The thing to do is to speak with them to see what might be available.