Tide a bit low this week!!!

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
Come in to the Hamble it was notably low
467299164_beb1b28ed1_o.jpg

Can you see the small yellow mooring buoy on the left, he rarely touches bottom.
467299448_3526c1a0c7_o.jpg

467312555_259000455f.jpg

show es you how they connect all those floating pontoons.
467299386_759819ca6f.jpg

lots of boats touching bottom on the edges of the river and the Ebb tide was certainly interesting fast this week. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

syd

Visit site
We've had the opposite. (wish I'd had me camera) The hard and all the locker rooms have been in two feet of glourious Thames escence at high water in Thurrock.
Have they shut that Barrier AGAIN??

Syd

oldgit

Visit site
"what we call a big tide"
Cripes tides......what on earth are they....are they only to be found in that boaters paradise The Solent........Do they happen in other places ...is there some sort of RYA course you have to go on before you are allowed to use them .......please can I have some......this could this explain this why the river fills up and empties twice a day.Always thought it was due to somebody with a big tap just over the horizon /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Ps Been trying to find out for years what that little book with all the numbers innit was for apart from jamming in the window to stop it rattling when underway.

omega2

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"what we call a big tide"
Cripes tides......what on earth are they....are they only to be found in that boaters paradise The Solent........Do they happen in other places ...is there some sort of RYA course you have to go on before you are allowed to use them .......please can I have some......this could this explain this why the river fills up and empties twice a day.Always thought it was due to somebody with a big tap just over the horizon /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Ps Been trying to find out for years what that little book with all the numbers innit was for apart from jamming in the window to stop it rattling when underway.

[/ QUOTE ] River Rat!!!

blackbeard

Visit site
In theory (according to Reeds) the low water at Portsmouth should have been about 0.4 metres above CD, possibly 0.3 taking atmospheric pressure into account.
Does anyone know what the actual value was? seemed a bit lower than that possibly

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Julie, those are interesting pictures of the Sealine 'resting' against the pontoon. Shows that it doesn't dry out very often, otherwise it would have created its own hole to drop into at every low tide, which stops the boat and pontoon 'interacting'.