THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Portofino

Visit site
Frankly pathetic that this is all being politicised all over the place. the only losers are the people these politicians are supposed to represent. On a brighter note I took the rib down to the sea today. the MDL marina was in full operation, people were on their boats or enjoying sitting next to them for those on stands still, and no issues re distancing. People looked happy and everyone was smiling and being courteous to each other. Makes a mockery frankly of some of the nonsense and healthy for people to be out on the water again.

Chill :).

Italys Contii has signed a decree this morning ( Saturday) to open up borders to international travel from 3 rd June . (y)

So it’s just the Fr holding up the job .............well let’s watch Bozo et al in Westminster tackle that one .

IT entered lockdown first so sort of out first as the disease seems to run its course in very similar time frames , most of the rest EU a couple of weeks behind ? .....ish ?

Lets watch Brussels sort out offers of reciprocal arrangements with Italy’s neighbours.
Ball is back in there court ...... I am not quite sure who’s calling the shots , Marcon or Merkel ??

BruceK

Visit site
Thus far 33k divided by 66 M is 0.05 % dead

That is a statement worthy of BJ. 66M did not get the virus. I dare say in time 66M will. I think after the lockdown we will simply become more amenable to losses rather than have the nation in riot and panic with the potential of social breakdown which a single massive spike would have engendered.

edit citizenry under house arrest aka lock down

Last edited:

vas

Visit site
nothing started here yet, but weather has definitely decided it's summer!
32-34C today, 38C expected tomorrow - working today, going swimming tomorrow :D
Athens 39, top temp in GR 41 today, nice...

MapisM

Visit site
Oh - you have just reminded me.
I don't think we will make it to Carloforte this year.
I will have to let them know in the marine.
Sorry to hear that, but I understand, obviously.
Looking fwd to recovering the lost time in a memorable 2021 summer! :cool:

Bouba

Visit site
A day in the life of a committed boater; today was going to be a simple day, quick trip to the boat to check on the size of an anode (the boat is on the hard and I’ve been going everyday to get everything below the waterline shipshape). As I was packing up, a fellow boater asked if he could use my shore power socket, so I isolated my batteries and started to coil up my extension cord which was draped along the ground.
As I’m coiling it up I realized it was covered in dog shite!! Luckily because of the virus I had a car full of sterilizing kit. I washed and washed with sanitizing liquid, put multiple rubber gloves on and used strong solvent to clean the cable.
No boat job is ever easy

longjohnsilver

Visit site
A day in the life of a committed boater; today was going to be a simple day, quick trip to the boat to check on the size of an anode (the boat is on the hard and I’ve been going everyday to get everything below the waterline shipshape). As I was packing up, a fellow boater asked if he could use my shore power socket, so I isolated my batteries and started to coil up my extension cord which was draped along the ground.
As I’m coiling it up I realized it was covered in dog shite!! Luckily because of the virus I had a car full of sterilizing kit. I washed and washed with sanitizing liquid, put multiple rubber gloves on and used strong solvent to clean the cable.
No boat job is ever easy
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vas

Visit site
No boat job is ever easy
another reason you should install some solar on your coachroof (or bimini) and forget about shore power and plugging unplugging and killing your batteries!

V.

MapisM

Visit site
Is anyone else among those friends of yours coming, M?
If yes, feel free to give them my contact details for anything.
All going well, I should be there from around mid of June onward.
If not, see you all next year, hopefully.
In the meantime, enjoy 2020 summer as much as possible, anyhow! (y)

Hurricane

Visit site
Is anyone else among those friends of yours coming, M?
If yes, feel free to give them my contact details for anything.
All going well, I should be there from around mid of June onward.
If not, see you all next year, hopefully.
In the meantime, enjoy 2020 summer as much as possible, anyhow! (y)
No, I think everyone from Sant Carles at the moment has their 2020 plans on hold.
We have a weekly Zoom meeting amongst a group of us so and the marina forum is working well so we are talking amongst each other.
There is a mood of optimism that we will get out to the boats for late summer.
Most from Sant Carles that I've spoken to have booked ferries from September.
Some are booking ferries, then changing the dates as they know more - a process that Brittany Ferries allow us to do on line.
That way, they don't loose money - and don't get involved with the refunds etc.
So, assuming that we will get to our boats in the autumn, I don't think any of us are planning on any long cruises this year.
Most of the Sant Carles berth holders like being in the marina anyway.
That said, we have been thinking how nice the Balearic anchorages will be this year without all those crowds!!!

A run to CF for us (in a motor boat) is easier that our yachtie friends.
15 hours if we need to - 5 days for yachties.
Our weather window can be smaller etc.
But, I think that any cruising this year will be unlikely.

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Hi to everyone!
I would like to apologize in advance if my post is in the wrong section or breaking any rules of the forum, (admin please get in touch if payment is required)

Due to the increased number of unhappy Britts with French engineers and huge bills they (French) produce, I would like to invite all interested CAPTAINS to get in touch with me to discuss your boat issues, from general service to complete refit for boats from 28-110ft.

We cover the whole of Meds.

We provide customers with a full daily photo report of work completed to your watsapp/e-mail, so you can see result even if you cannot be present.
Interesting if true ... got a website?