THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Bouba

Visit site
So a weeks holiday could start and finish with two weeks quarantine. Five weeks. No, I can’t see the tourist season starting like that. Perhaps self isolation on boats will be the new trend, so for all of us business as usual ?‍♂️

longjohnsilver

Visit site
So a weeks holiday could start and finish with two weeks quarantine. Five weeks. No, I can’t see the tourist season starting like that. Perhaps self isolation on boats will be the new trend, so for all of us business as usual ?‍♂️

Not on my 4.7 Cap Camarat in Spain! 3 hours is long enough.

Portofino

Visit site
Feeling like May 4th for more lifting of restrictions in Italy.
Currently yards are working and some marina staff ....respecting social distancing etc etc .

Interesting to to see if “ family units “ can attend there boats ?

Also what’s happening with x border movement?

vas

Visit site
similarly in Greece they are planning (will announce it this week apparently) on lifting some restrictions on the 4th.
That will be small shops and possibly restaurants with distant tables/seats (dunno how's that going to work)
and most important we'll be able to move from our house without sending an SMS or filling a form with details of who we are and where we're going (out of a list of 6 options)

interesting to see if there's going to be a fallback soon after or not...

no mention here on cross border/charter flights full of tourists etc

Chris H

Visit site
We,ve only been out on our boat for an hour and slept on it for a week, I was hoping to drive down and of May and get lots of jobs done.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Jet2 look like resuming flights from 17th june
Not going to happen, I'd say. Tour operators are holding back on cancellations because as soon as they cancel a flight passengers become legally entitled to refunds.
Edited as per Hurricane's correction below.

Last edited:

Portofino

Visit site
We would be driving anyhow so it’s as I earlier mentioned it’s down to x border co operation inside the European block .
Switzerland today shaking a Brussels tree asking for a unified release , kinda synchronised with the sates surrounding them .

Not sure I would to be anywhere near a crowd gathering place voluntarily like an airport this year particularity as we come out of lockdown........in the sense you could be one of the 2nd wave casualties? That’s still unknown territory.
Its the buildings and turnover of people although sat on plane feels risky to me until this thing well clear .

I think speaking generally with low cost airlines into the EU the demand will slump to uneconomical levels anyhow .
Frequency will drop off and prices ( those that have no alternative) will rise .This along with the real or perceived health risks of getting to a island berth will make the whole Med island thing a challenge.

Maybe demand for Med Berthing in France + Liguria from Brits and other N Europeans will rise ......So any dropper outers due the pending economic crisis in the Cote d Azur / Liguaria will be replaced immediately by those relocating from far flung places ....Hmmm ??

Martxer

Visit site
Not going to happen, I'd say. Tour operators are holding back on cancellations because as soon as they cancel a flight passengers become legally entitled to refunds.
Edited as per Hurricane's correction below.
A lot can change in 7 weeks,
SPAIN’S ANDALUCIA TO PUSH FOR HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS TO OPEN IN SUMMER TO AVOID ‘ECONOMIC CATASTROPHE’ BUT PRESIDENT ADMITS FULLY RECOVERING BRITISH MARKET WILL BE ‘IMPOSSIBLE’

Hooligan

Visit site
At the risk of being controversial, it seems to me that the biggest issue those of us in the UK have is what appears to be a total lack of leadership from government. To say there has been some fudging of the truth (PPE) or promises made (100,000 tests by end April) that were not based on much other than a hope, is an understatement. It is not easy running anything in a pandemic and so I am loathe to be overcritical and give some benefit of the doubt, but our reaction can only be judged against the leadership of other countries. In the UK today we have absolutely no clue whether we will be locked up for another three months or whether we will be slowly allowed out and how This lack of any clarity is likely to cause other countries to wonder whether they even want Brits roaming around their own countries this summer. The only shred of upside `I see is the growing debate and hopefully realisation that the economic damage being done will likely soon approach the point of no return and the misery and deaths caused by economic collapse may outstrip those from this virus. I suspect that at some point people will realise that they face a stark choice and if this happens public opinion will start to change and with it government response. The bottom line IMHO is that this virus is here to stay at least for a while. It is not going away and it is not so prevalent within society - perhaps in Sweden only - that meaningful herd immunity exists now. What this means is that we are going to have to work out how we co exit with this virus for a while. If we choose to lock ourselves up we may have nothing to emerge into so this is not going to be an option in a rational world. But then again we do not live in a rational world now. I would conclude that boats will be being used in July and August. just not by Brits!!