This website is the slowest in town

doris

Visit site
It isn't my machine 'cos everywhere else works perfectly but Scuttle now takes an age to load. Are the techies playing games, bunking off or is it just that being boaty they are spending too much time drinking tea??
Has got to the stage where I can't be bothered to hang around.

oldharry

Visit site
Never worked out why, but sometimes the PC slows right down - just on the forums. Switch to the laptop and its still running fast.... Next day the PC wil be going full speed again Other times its the laptop that slows, while the PC runs Ok.

Tried all the usual things - clearing out cookies etc, but doesnt seem to make any difference when it happens. I suspect it is something to do with the various advertising cookies the forums seem to load every time you open a new page. I suppose it has to generate enough income to support itself. Does anyone read them?

Ahh, just realised - of course, it slows down to give us time to read the adverts between pages :)

prv

Visit site
Tried all the usual things - clearing out cookies etc, but doesnt seem to make any difference when it happens. I suspect it is something to do with the various advertising cookies the forums seem to load every time you open a new page.

Some of the Flash ads (ie ones with animation) bring my work computer to a crawl. Presumably they're badly coded in some way. I've had to install a Chrome plugin that blocks Flash. I don't object to the advertising in principle, and I still see the ordinary image ones, but I can't get anything done if I let the Flash stuff happen.

Pete