This Forum

richson

Visit site
Forum? What about this. Those who want to use it as a spoof or chit-chat page, or take obvious delight ripping into just about everything so they can show how witty and boaty they are (don't they have any other avenue of gaining self esteem), can prefix their posts with "BS", and everyone else can just carry on. After about three replies (about how long it takes before cretinism sets in), these threads can be automatically deleted as by then, content will have been reduced to utter drivel.

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
Hummm - not sure about this one - if you pose a good question you get good answers - there are a lot of useful people in this forum, I been given credible advise a many occasion - I would be so scathing if every now and again a bit of humour creeps in - some of it is very funny.

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site
There are a number of forums to choose from! if you are not in the right frame of mind for a particular forum, choose another one. Sometimes we all have an off day, but lashing out at fellow boaters who want to have some light banter is not particularly credit worthy. I've found that the PBO forum tends towards consistantly more serious posts - but be warned; you might recieve help from some of those posters who you are scornful of on this forum.
TôMö

G

Ouch! That stung, didn't it? Maybe those who don't like this forum, but persist in posting on it anyway, could prefix their posts with "Tw@t"...that way everyone else can carry on with their cretinous drivel (exchanging information, trying to help others, expressing points of view, stuff like that).

tcm

Visit site
Re: up yours, as bit

erm right, so the "takers" who contribue nothing, read all the info but type nothing, can then do even less to get lots of boat info? Yeah right, good idea.

david_steward

Visit site
Re: Whoa.

Ask a serious question and you will get a myriad of sensible answers. Make no mistake, there are some very knowledgable and comic boaters on this forum (sadly not all are both).

Personally, I run a nice boat and take it far and wide. I will always offer advice if I have got something to say.

Even so, I still read much more than I post. And if you knew me, as some do on this site, then you would realise just how surprising that is. All things considered, we don't do too bad for mindless drivel.

On what authority do you think you are entitled to run some of us down?

I hope that there is always room for some humour hereabouts. If you don't like it, then you can bloody well feck off somewhere else where they might be interested in your miserable whining.

Capice?

Dave S

oddball

Visit site
Re: new shoes

Well now I the best idea so far has been a colour coded flag - Kims idea I think i.e. green serious boaty question or red humour etc..And yes Im mr poster ?? I read more than I contribute but using this forum as a chat, personal message, in crowd forum is a right load of BS...

oldgit

Visit site
Re: THAT time of month.

Its that time of the month agin.Using me crystal balls I see a large bill of some sort dropping on a Mr richson doormat .Hence grumpyness.?

lanason

Visit site
Re: THAT time of month.

Having not posted much in the last few days. I cannot believe the goings on.
We are a group of people with a common interest "Boats" and thus i regard this forum as a Clubhouse where you are allowed to listen in on other peoples conversations and indeed to stand on the bar a yell out anything u like.
Would u see the club manager come round to a table with a group having a chat and suggest the nature of the conversation. I think not - as long as we are polite then we should be able to chat about anything at all.
Roll on common sense
Adrian

G

Re: Straight talking

I have with out question saved loads of dosh and time by asking for help on here .
Also more importantly if I or any one suggests something re boats and if either that particular idea or answer is wrong then the collective will point it out .The principle of group decisions find the best solutions has, is and always will be the best way to arrive at the final answer .
Some years ago I used to take the pee out of every one (nothings changed),
well one day this bloke went potty when ,because of his funny attitude one morning .I said what's up didn't you get it last night .
RRRRUUUNNNN blimey I had to scarper ,he went berserk and didn't calm down until the afternoon .
I wonder if this chap has the same problem !! if so tell us we may be able to suggest some form of therapy
Mick

jfm

Visit site
Re: Straight talking

well said Adrian

Mick, is that a pic the boat? Update us on the project (on a new thread). How many welding rods you got thru? When is it to be launched and where? Any more pics we can see?

G

Re: flags

Excuse me! I won't use it unless the flags are dark blue with a white diagonal cross for everything except jokes directed at any nationality apart from us!

OK Jimmy!

Yours sincerely,

Nick

G

Leave us all alone to get on with what we all do best and like to read, as I have read some like to read, some like to reply, its a good job we all do otherwise there would be no forum, so forget it!.
Paul js.