donm

Visit site
GPS from plotter to VHF
VHF Yellow to plotter brown
VHF Green to plotter green

AIS from VHF to plotter
VHF blue to plotter grey
VHF grey to plotter green

Your table for the plotter is incomplete, it does not show the connections for port 2 etc
Ensure port 2 is set to 38400 baud
Didn't work I'm afraid. I have re-made all of the connections with Wago two way or three way connectors but before I go and leave you in peace, a last throw of the dice............?

From the Plotter handbook - the plotter grey is shown as Port2 input Fish finder - which I do not have. There is also a white Port 2 output Fish finder and I left both of these off the table because I thought they were irrelevant? And the plotter blue remains unconnected but is described as "NMEA positive input - connect to NMEA output if available". The handbook seems to suggest three connections from Plotter to the VHF - green, brown and blue.
Bauds on my installation are now as follows - Plotter Port 1 is Baud 4800 and Port 2 is 38400. VHF is 38400

Notwithstanding what I have written above, all of this is like a foreign language to me and I may have to accept that although both plotter and VHF are working fine independently it may be that one of them has chosen this opportune moment to develop a fault and decided upon a divorce (quite common this time of year!)

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Didn't work I'm afraid. I have re-made all of the connections with Wago two way or three way connectors but before I go and leave you in peace, a last throw of the dice............?

From the Plotter handbook - the plotter grey is shown as Port2 input Fish finder - which I do not have. There is also a white Port 2 output Fish finder and I left both of these off the table because I thought they were irrelevant?
Ignore the labeling of the ports, just go by port numbers.
And the plotter blue remains unconnected but is described as "NMEA positive input - connect to NMEA output if available". The handbook seems to suggest three connections from Plotter to the VHF - green, brown and blue.
Each port can be used for data output and data input, but doesn't have to do both. If you only want to send GPS to the VHF all you need to do is to connect the plotter NMEA out to the VHF in, which is two wires.

Same for AIS in to the plotter. AIS out on the VHF goes to the In on the plotter.

Double check the colours i quoted, in case i got one wrong.
Bauds on my installation are now as follows - Plotter Port 1 is Baud 4800 and Port 2 is 38400. VHF is 38400

Notwithstanding what I have written above, all of this is like a foreign language to me and I may have to accept that although both plotter and VHF are working fine independently it may be that one of them has chosen this opportune moment to develop a fault and decided upon a divorce (quite common this time of year!)

donm

Visit site
Ignore the labeling of the ports, just go by port numbers.

Each port can be used for data output and data input, but doesn't have to do both. If you only want to send GPS to the VHF all you need to do is to connect the plotter NMEA out to the VHF in, which is two wires.

Same for AIS in to the plotter. AIS out on the VHF goes to the In on the plotter.

Double check the colours i quoted, in case i got one wrong.
Thanks Paul. I have now discovered an intermittent fault in the plotter power switch which may well be a sign of the problem elsewhere. I fitted the plotter to the cockpit bulkhead about 12 years ago where it has lain in all weathers with a sun cover and, although well bedded in sealant it looks like there may have been damp/condensation so I have taken it out and brought it home for some central heating. I will try again in a few weeks to see if it has healed itself or requires replacement, but either way you can rest easy for a while.

Thanks for your help.