Thessolonika airport to bus station

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Just booked Landvetter (Sweden) to Thessolonika (Greece) and wondered if anyone knew the way to get to the bus station in Thessolonika for a bus to Preveza. This is a new route for me. Normally I fly to Athens. Thanks

r_h

www.rupertholmes.co.uk
Number 78 bus (or 78N night bus) connects the airport with the KTEL coach station. Cost €2 - pay at the kiosk near the stop (outside arrivals, beyond the taxis) and date stamp the ticket in the machine once onboard.
http://oasth.gr/#en/airport-macedonia/

Takes around one hour. If you're pushed for time a taxi will cost around €25, and can be quite an exciting trip around the ring road

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Thanks for that. Not pushed for time in Thessolonika. The Ryanair flight lands at near midnight so I have all night either waiting in the airport or in the bus station. If Athens is an example, then the airport is more comfortable, The KTEL bus terminal in Athens is cold open and windy.

Thanks again

Flica

Visit site
Thanks for that. Not pushed for time in Thessolonika. The Ryanair flight lands at near midnight so I have all night either waiting in the airport or in the bus station. If Athens is an example, then the airport is more comfortable, The KTEL bus terminal in Athens is cold open and windy.

Thanks again
The coach station in Thessaloniki is modern, well planned and nothing like as degenerate as 100 Kuffissos St, but all the facilities will probably be closed in the small hours of the morning.
The coach from airport to bus-station takes an inordinately long time during working hours, even slower than the Athens bus.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
The coach station in Thessaloniki is modern, well planned and nothing like as degenerate as 100 Kuffissos St, but all the facilities will probably be closed in the small hours of the morning.
The coach from airport to bus-station takes an inordinately long time during working hours, even slower than the Athens bus.

Thanks for the bus terminal info. I prefer to travel as far as I can before stopping so I would like to travel on to the bus station before stopping and waiting there. Hope the bus station it-self is open. Actually, I find airports are a pain to spend the night in because of the continual baggage warnings over the loud-speakers. I wonder why they don't vary the message? After an hour I tune the words out but not the chimes.

rafiki_

Visit site
Just booked Landvetter (Sweden) to Thessolonika (Greece) and wondered if anyone knew the way to get to the bus station in Thessolonika for a bus to Preveza. This is a new route for me. Normally I fly to Athens. Thanks

Can't quote on the time to the bus station, but it took my daughter 5 hours for the trip to Preveza (Lefkas) from Thess.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Can't quote on the time to the bus station, but it took my daughter 5 hours for the trip to Preveza (Lefkas) from Thess.

Oh good, the bus time Athens to Preveza is around 6 hours. Over an hour from Athens airport to Bus station. Actually, I think the motorway is now finished so maybe 5 hours also.
Thanks.