The rubber boat and the maniac!

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
Well you should have seen what I saw last weekend. There we were motoring back into Porthmadog harbour and just about to put my family off at a pontoon when a brand new RIB (tender size) appears, charging around like a whirling dirvish with a man plus wife plus two kids inside.

This RIB was brand new and had a little out board, the type that you turn 180 degrees to make it go backwards. Well this guy was all over the place, he collided with my bow inspite of me trying to back away from him. Fortunately he bounced off and went flayling around not knowing where to turn his little outboard.

The funny sight was this bloke spinning the outboard on its axis at full throttle, trying to get some semblance of control, while all the time whirling around, crashing into moored yachts, other power craft that were launching and the harbour wall. And all the time people were shouting at him and gesticulating wildy, all to no avail. He was either scared sh*tless or alternatively he had a vast expanse of blue sky in his head, with seagulls doing summersaults in it.

To top it all, by the time I had landed my boat and packed away (about half an hour) he and his family were still bumping around, only 100 yards further down the estuary.

I believe he is buying a Targa 45 next week......Aaaarghhh :)

At the end of the game, the King and the Pawn go back in the same box.

rich

www.portofjersey.je
sun 21st july saw this 10 year old kid on 3 seater jet ski,1200cc,.dad got the £££££££, but no brain....

rich :)) Why pay, when you can do it yourself?