The Lightship - Haslar Marina :-(

Talulah

Visit site
Went to the Lightship on Friday. Food was mediocre and overpriced for what it was. Complained to the owner that the fish was steamed and not baked as per the description on the menu. He was totally disinterested. Others described their meals as ok but aneamic chips. Staff very good (except for owner). Will not be eating there again until another change in ownership - shouldn't be long.

xcw

Visit site
I think the owner is the same person who made such a mess of Landers last year. I went there recently, took one look at the menu and food and decided to go for a curry instead. Glad I did! Also, I really don't understand why they have car adverts up around the place - not particularly "nautical"!

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
We used it quite a bit last summer ... handy being right next to the visitors' pontoons ... very pleasant sitting outside the bar on the side deck with a pint as the sun goes down. Food ok given the venue. Breakfasts to die for ... loads, and well priced fry-up ... nice to sit on the top deck in the sunshine. All round good place I reckon so will use it again this year. (No connection)

PEJ

Visit site
I went there for lunch yesterday. Had a very nice chicken burger.

Would plan a trip to Haslar just to eat lunch there. Lovely view over the harbour and marina on a nice day.

Oen

Visit site
We had a very good meal there on Saturday - and then a stunningly bad experience at Landers the next morning...