The end of a battery.

oldgit

Visit site

Engine start battery , gave faithful service since purchase of boat 4 years ago, battery possibly a lot older .
Failed suddenly while on a trip up the Thames. Bought home to repurpose on my solar powered lighting "cobble up" in garage.
Left overnight on very low slow charge via a home charger.
Results as per photo.
Presume its out of guarantee ?

Last edited:

chrishscorp

Visit site
I had an extra 110 ah in the back of the works van a proper pro install to power a 3.1 Kw invertor as it was a mobile workshop previously, anyway battery went wrong message on dashboard battery economy mode came up, upon me investigating i found it very very hot and the sides bulging I quickly shut the cabinet door and managed to disconnect the charging feed in the cab footwell and left it to cool.

You would not want that on the boat i think you have had a lucky escape.

Refueler

Visit site
I had a 90 A/Hr burst its case ... but that was basically a cold spell at -20 C and the battery was discharged .....

My Handyman had forgotten to reconnect the mains cable across to the boat .... and battery had discharged.

Real mess to clean out the fluid from the battery box. Luckily a ply box with full GRP lining bottom and sides sealing it.

Even after good clean ... and its at least a year since - I can still get a faint whiff of battery fluid in the box ..