The Chain Letter...

LeytonC

Visit site
So we all seem to be getting a standard letter, so should we create our own letter in reply and send to John Healey?

<hr width=100% size=1>Thanks

Leyton
(EXTAR Solutions - Software that works for you)

Wiggo

Visit site
Absolutely not - according to the advice on faxyourmap.com, that would be very counterproductive. My suggestion would be individual letters, each asking a few specific questions. By the time the hundredth MP has asked his four slightly different questions, Mr Healey might have got the message

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/graham.wignall/boats/eulimene600x800.jpg>The old and the new</A>

LeytonC

Visit site
Ok, thats a good idea - I think we have already pointed out the economic impact of this both on our pockets and on the country as a whole, so we really dont want to keep repeating ourselves about money - so what other points can we make in respose to John Healey? (I certainly would not mind some fresh ideas!!)

One point, IMHO, should be MPs seem ignore some tax rules that would save the public money, but are more than willing to adopt ones that earn the government more tax.

Any 1 else want to chip in?? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Thanks

Leyton
(EXTAR Solutions - Software that works for you)

Wiggo

Visit site
Things I wanted to know about:

According to Mr Healey’s reply, the Energy Products Directive requires diesel fuel for craft on inland waterways to be taxed at the same rate as road fuel. Can Mr Healey explain the status of fuel used in leisure craft used at sea?

If the government does not support an extension to the derogation in 2006, how does Mr Healey envisage changes to the infrastructure being funded? Specifically, the commercial fishing fleet, and vessels used for commercial charter would still be entitled to rebated fuel, but leisure users would not. This would necessitate a doubling up of fuel facilities at marinas and ports.

What would be the status of a vessel used for both pleasure and charter? Were I to have my boat MCA coded for charter, would I be entitled to use rebated fuel? Would I have to have separate fuel tanks installed for red and white diesel, depending on whether I had fee paying customers on board?

I'm sure you can all think of others...

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/graham.wignall/boats/eulimene600x800.jpg>The old and the new</A>