The Cave at Vathy, Kalymnos

affinite

Visit site
Does anyone know the location of the cave at Vathy on Kalymnos ?

I want to take a look if/when we get there later this year

I know that you can only get to it from the water.

I know Vathy quite well so think I know where it is but Id be interested to hear from anyone who's actually scrambled up to it.

Thanks

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
A lot of years ago but I doubt that it's moved: There's a cave - I assume that's the one you mean - in the first bight on the starboard side as you're entering Vathi Bay (before you get to the church/monastery on the hill) the cave's in the NE corner. Be careful if you climb there, the rock is, or at least was in my memory, very weak and friable.

affinite

Visit site
A lot of years ago but I doubt that it's moved: There's a cave - I assume that's the one you mean - in the first bight on the starboard side as you're entering Vathi Bay (before you get to the church/monastery on the hill) the cave's in the NE corner. Be careful if you climb there, the rock is, or at least was in my memory, very weak and friable.
Thanks
That where I thought it was.

affinite

Visit site
Just an update in case someone comes across this thread in the future
The cave is where I thought it was, and as Bob said its on stbd side on way in to Vathy
Its called Daskalio cave, much larger than I imagined it would be and well worth a look (take shoes and a torch) if you have an hour to spare and are OK with scrambling up (poor condition) rock steps
Note: No Grandchildren were harmed in the making of this post

20210725_171522 (2).jpg

20210725_165501(2).jpg