That'l be me finishing the kitchen then.

FullCircle

Visit site
That\'l be me finishing the kitchen then.

Looking at the weather on Metcheck, its going to pee down all weekend, so I will fit the new swish sliding dual recyclables receptacle in the undersink cabinet and get the rest of the doors fitted.

Mebbe even get round to changing the bathroom lighting....

Bah. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
Re: That\'l be me finishing the kitchen then.

Brownie points are always valuable but by the sound of it you have too many already. Pity they are not transferable /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

Checking on the boat tomorrow.

Umpteenth horror story over the phone - popped over to see for myself.
Whoever came up with the idea of teak decks needs shooting. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gwylan

Visit site

Could start a market in traded futures in brownie points or trade non redeemed brownie points or maybe insurance against defaults in the brownie point market. Hedged options on brownie future defaults?

I'll away go now and finish back glueing the headlining!

JKay

Visit site

The good news is ,you won't see the rain this weekend
it will be too foggy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Could start a market in traded futures in brownie points or trade non redeemed brownie points or maybe insurance against defaults in the brownie point market. Hedged options on brownie future defaults?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah but this may involve keeping somebody else's wife happy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif no - you weren't suggesting...no, not on the East coast, surely /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

Ah but this may involve keeping somebody else's wife happy

[/ QUOTE ]
If I learn how to keep the current one even moderately content I would be happy. I do the decent thing and come home after 5 days in the Canaries, bring her my washing and happen to mention how nice the weather was and all she could say was words to the effect of go back and she won't miss me. Where have I gone wrong? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It is a tempting suggestion though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, thats where you furriners is goin rong.
On the East Coast, we have no concep of trading brownie points. Stack em up and blow em.Easy.

If you need to address an imbalance, offer her a day at Lakeside.

Failed on several counts today, will make a better effort tomorrow.

Wunja

Visit site

I just blew all my brownie points. Brown Owl just gave me permission to varnish the tiller in the kitchen. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sailing Widow

Visit site

I'm stashing my brownie points for next season by spending the day washing and drying all of the boat's bedding and soft furnishings after the soaking they got at the weekend. As for varnishing - your missus only let you varnish the tiller?! Pyro brings home massive chunks of boat, doors, hatches etc at regular intervals.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com

you'd have never guessed to look at him would you that he's a closet varnish geek

Dscf0442.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wunja

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
I'm stashing my brownie points for next season by spending the day washing and drying all of the boat's bedding and soft furnishings after the soaking they got at the weekend. As for varnishing - your missus only let you varnish the tiller?! Pyro brings home massive chunks of boat, doors, hatches etc at regular intervals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah there is a difference here. Filling the house up with boat bits has already taken place (about 2 cubic metres of cushions are in the spare room) and has a precidence - before we were married I lived in a house full of rally car spares.
It is the pervading smell of varnish that is the costly issue. The tiller is the thin end of the wedge, I will be bringing home the washboards when I can make an alternative way of securing the boat.

Sailing Widow

Visit site

Pyro's about to bring home all the skylights - again - and said he'd bring home the whole doghuse if he could get it off. As for boat cushions - don't even go there. I can't get near the airing cupboard for boat pillows etc and the porch is full of salty wet cushions too.

Worst of all, just because I went and got myself a log-in here and saw that everyone else on this forum is equally obsessed and deranged, Pyro's now assumed he has carte blanche to bring as much of his boaty dampness home as he can!!

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk

You're forgetting that I brought the whole boat home this time last year, although I admit it was too large to get in the house and had to go in the farmer's grain store instead.

Mudplugger

Visit site

Even in the grain barn, you still need to unload!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ( we no longer have a guest room or an office, 'cos we got the cushions wet /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) Glad other people have the same problems!

MrCramp

Visit site

From what you say Pyro does appear to be a very sensible chap, taking such good care of his boat and its' contents, and thus reduceing the household expenditure on items that could deteriorate.

I do have my "project" river cruiser in the paddock and the contents are either in the stables (2 stables and the tack room) or in the house. The contents of my motor sailer are all in the house as well.

Many ladies do not realise how lucky they are to be married to chaps who have such a sensible and interesting hobby as boating.

Would you rather be married to one of these chaps who spends all his spare time wandering around fields hitting a small ball with a club and showing early signs of dementure??

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Worst of all, just because I went and got myself a log-in here and saw that everyone else on this forum is equally obsessed and deranged, Pyro's now assumed he has carte blanche to bring as much of his boaty dampness home as he can!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Man! Do you think if I got my SWMBO a log in it could work for me even though she hates all things to do with boats and water? Pyro must be a role model of a husband /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

House is full as eldest son about to come home from Uni and reoccupy the boatstore - sorry his bedroom. I have plenty of space at work to store things just it isn't centrally heated and not very handy to just do that little job at the weekend.