Thanks to Happy (you know the one) . . . .

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
. . . and the thread about VHF licences.

At last, I can point to an official document that ties my boats new name to the old name on the bill of sale.
When I put my callsign into http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/mars/ship_search.sh
It shows the current and the previous boat name.

This should prove to the French that the boat is the one I purport it to be.
One less hoop to jump through.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
For God's sake don't tell them a lot of the other entries on there could be wrong, it may cast doubt on yours. anyway I am sure it will impress the hell out of them when they put your boats name in that impressive search box and press 'enter' /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif You can then say, there you go guv, all legit, see, International registered /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Good luck, and thanks for the nice comment, goodness I needed that after all the bad press, nearly left the forum over it /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Gunfleet

Visit site
<<nearly left the forum over it
>>
Don't do that. People made chafe and kid a bit but I can't imagine anyone who'd want that result.

<hr width=100% size=1>

John_Clarke

Visit site
How many boats have same name as yours?

It is interesting to enter your boat's name and to search this database to see how many boats worldwide have the same name.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Re: How many boats have same name as yours?

loads, I would not mind, but we WERE the first /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Although according to the info I have changed gender and now go by the prefix Mrs.

Would go change it but do not have the info to log on at home, hopefully change it after the weekend.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue> Julian </font color=blue>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ukstaffords.com>http://www.ukstaffords.com</A>

Gunfleet

Visit site

Julian, this is really interesting, because I have done the same, becoming Mrs M. Is there some secret feminist plot down there? ps my boat ULANA, seems to be the only one in the world. I'm rather happy about that!

<hr width=100% size=1>

janie

Visit site
Emergency contact

Would it make sense that the Owner has been changed to the emergency contact - this would seem to apply in our boat's case - ie my father-in-law?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site

It's not totally inaccurate, Pete, just a bit. I'm sure Janie's comment below holds the solution. Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

FlyingSpud

Visit site
Re: Emergency contact

This does seem to be what is happening, according to the site, my sister owns my boat. I suppose I must have put her down as the contact.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

This was uncovered in a thread about VHF Explained that I posted. Unfortunately yesterday it was removed because it was hijacked, and went off course, but it had details of others who have exactly the same problem, it's a shame all that good information is now lost. I have contacted the MCA to explain the findings, they are looking into it as they do use this site as part of their searches, and are concerned. You could even find your neighbour owning your boat if they were an emergency contact number given !!

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

DeeGee

Visit site

I accessed my entry and there is no mention of owner. How did the entry get there? from my VHF licence? anybody know?

<hr width=100% size=1>Black Sugar - the sweetest of all

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com

There's a perfectly workable mirror of the key points of the thread at:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=mby&Number=319312>http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=mby&Number=319312</A>

thanks to the fact you duplicated it there.

Incidentally, for those who might be confused by the last comment in your post, the Mars database is not proof of ownership in any shape or form.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

Kim,

I know that it is not proof of ownership, but what worries me is that some fraudster could trick someone into thinking it was. It looks official and to someone who did not know any better they could be taken in. It is also wrong for a site such as that to give the wrong information, it loses all credibility, or at least it has with me.

I for one would be very unhappy about any organisation, never mind this database showing anyone other than me as the owner, my wrong emergency contact details e.t.c. it is total incompetence, wrong, dangerous and public misinformation. Someone needs to get a grip of it and sort it out, but looks like nobody really cares.

<font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>