Thames Pageant webcams

peterN

www.yachtvalhalla.com
I am watching it on BBC 1, and also watching it on http://www.thechelseatile.com/chelsea-river-thames-london-webcam.html

And now I am watching it on SimonA posted webcam :)

BBC video coverage is great, but could be better. However, I am very disappointed at the commentary. There is very little information about the boats themselves! Even the great Tom Cunliffe doesn't seem to be able to get a word in edge ways. This is sadly missed opportunity to let the great British public know some of the details of our fantastic maritime heritage. Anyone agree?

david_bagshaw

Visit site
Yes I agree, however most people will have tuned in for her maj, not a history lesson.

A missed oppportunity.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
watching bbc1 in chi yacht club. You'd think the coverage would be better! - very disappointed. Guess Cunliffe is too ugly to actually be on screen. Wanted to more re Dunquirk (sp) boats. eg was L'orange in the sailpast?

dash300

Visit site
Commentry very thin on knowledge of the boats involved - more about the presenters profiling themselves for the cameras. Shoddy by both Sky and BBC.

As the owner of a plastic tub I am not particularly interested in the Blazer Brigade but I would have hoped for a little more information on the Dunkirk and Historic Working boats.

Yes I can do the research because I am interested, but the vast number of viewers need to be prersented with such historic information. This used to be what the BBC was good at, but ego enhancing celebrity presenters have become the norm. Or am I just being an old duffer?

apollo

Visit site
Agree, didn't tune in to see Tess Daly jiving in some park or newly born baby "santiago" at St Thomases, all the time these muppets presenters were posing , the procession we actually wanted to see was going on in the background.

Really miss Raymond Baxter....

TrueBlue

Visit site
watching bbc1 in chi yacht club. You'd think the coverage would be better! - very disappointed. Guess Cunliffe is too ugly to actually be on screen. Wanted to more re Dunquirk (sp) boats. eg was L'orange in the sailpast?

She was on the list and missing from her home mooring last week, so I assume she made it. Neither the BeeB nor Sky made much of the ADSL boats - engaging in chattering instead.

One I did see was Gaiety; interesting as she is used as a liveaboard and I haven't seen her move from her mooring in at least 5 years.