Thames Gathering

Gumpy

Visit site
From my trips down the Thames I seem to remember that one of the major clubs has a gathering at Remenham above Hambleden Lock on August bank holiday weekend. Is my memory playing tricks on me and is it an annual event.

Julian

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
From my trips down the Thames I seem to remember that one of the major clubs has a gathering at Remenham above Hambleden Lock on August bank holiday weekend. Is my memory playing tricks on me and is it an annual event.

Julian

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm! there's the annual 5 Clubs Rally in May.
August? could that be the ATYC? I think its in Henley every 3rd year.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Just go up through the bridge and park on the park. Having said that I think the Remenham Moorings may be pricing themselves out of the market as far as ATYC & 5 clubs are concerned so they may well be free.

ianc1200

Visit site
Julian

What sort of "do" are you planning? Should I abandon plans to use the Thames around Henley for two weeks each side of the Bank Holiday. ie it's not a DBA do is it?

IanC

Gumpy

Visit site
Im not planning anything.
However the largest club that I belong to is, I use the word largest to refer to membership and boat size /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Not sure if I will be there, depends if Essex calls again. There is still lots for me to explore that way.

Julian

ianc1200

Visit site
Julian

Should have also said enjoyed you photo's of the East Coast trip (did you post a link here?), including getting to Havengore a couple of weeks before I did; certain TNC'ers ridiculed me over this.

IanC

Gumpy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Julian

Should have also said enjoyed you photo's of the East Coast trip (did you post a link here?), including getting to Havengore a couple of weeks before I did; certain TNC'ers ridiculed me over this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand why, you were only round the corner we had to travel down from Berko...............
Pictures link is here for anyone that might be interested:
http://www.thames2007.fotopic.net/c1367471.html

Also met Andrew Fanner on the concrete barge at Queenborough.

Julian