Testing you old MB's

TwoStroke

Visit site
Testing you old MB\'s

Virgin motor boater here. Require assistance from your vast wordly knowledge on best boat to buy secondhand. Looking at Bayliner 20' with cuddy, Vantage VIP 21', Glasstream 21', Invader 19', Fourwinns Freedom 195 and Sunbird 18'8". All around 10yrs old - £5-£6k. Will be permanently moored up in Brighton - looking at hopping around the coast at weekends with fiancee (she has agreed so long as it has a cuddy). And of course friends want to go waterskiing etc...

Chris_d

Visit site
Re: Testing you old MB\'s

Nothing to set any of those apart from the others, they are all very similar American jobs, all probably having the same engines from the usual manufactures.
Biggest factor will be finding a well cared for boat regardless of make.

NorthernWave

Visit site
Re: Testing you old MB\'s

Having had and lost a boat of 19 foot at brighton can I suggest maybe something a bit larger. Brighton is very exposed and it can get a bit rough there. Make sure you have an automatic bilge pump and maybe more than one battery. It might also help to be further away from the main entrance to the marina. I guess you are aiming for that size because of the small boat offer?

I have a nice Fletcher 238 for sale
Cooker, shower, 2+2 berths, twin mercruiser 4 cylinder, trim tabs, 240v shore power, 3 batteries, hot and cold water, toilet. (looks like a baby sunseeker with navy hull) £16995 ono

I think you will enjoy the community at brighton and the boating scene generally. I bet you buy a larger boat within the year????? :eek:)

I was at brighton last year with the 19 footer and now on my third boat a 40 footer!!!!!

Chris

Relaxation starts at the pontoon gate