tender

Gunfleet

Visit site
Someone pinched my tender last summer, so I need to buy a new one. The last came from 'The Watershed' but they don't answer their phone. Having fallen out of a tender once and almost drowned, I'm rather keen they are of the right size, weight, bouyancy etc.. Any suggestions for a GOOD source of bouyant, 10 ft or so good quality tenders? Thanks all!
JM

Visit site
I have listened to the arguements....

... for rigid tenders and collabsibles (perish the thought!) but in 30 years experience have never been able to better the inflatable both for carrying capacity and convenience. they might be a little harder to row than a stem dinghy but you don't stand as much chance of capsize or of loosing an oar. Also the topside damage done by a rigid can be considerable.

My experience has been with Avons and Hutchinsons and I would recommend either having somewhat ancient examples of both still in good working order. The Plastimo delivered with our new boat in April has continued to leak slowly from one valve since then.

Steve Cronin

billskip

Visit site
Hi john I had a mostro 3mtr tender fully inflatable with wood floor..I lost it and got a second hand avon..I miss the mostro I could jump in and out and load /unload it without it "skidding about" I think mostro are out of buisness now but if you can get hold of one i think you will feel very secure ..The mostro is a little heavier than the average but very stable and the floor does not move when you get in..also it had three air chambers ..my avon only has two Good luck..bill

Col

Visit site
Iv'e got a Quicksilver 2.7mtr with aerodeck ( inflatable ) floor.
Large diameter tubes, so very stable, 4 average adult no probs ( although I think the design limit is 3 persons ) Has solid transom, and will take up to 10 hp o/board

Gunfleet

Visit site
Re: I have listened to the arguements....

Thanks all for your replies. I was thinking of a rigid rather than an inflatable, as I already own a small and useless Achilles. But now I think about it, it wasn't the small and useless Achilles I fell out of...so you've probably got a point.
John

aztec

Visit site
Re: I have listened to the arguements....

john,i may be interested in the achiles, as i'm looking for a small tender just to get out to my boat mid river. at the moment i'm using my kids blowup toy dingy, fun but i keep getting wet. if you're interested drop me a line on

s.amos@ntlworld.com

cheers,steve.

johndf

Visit site
Quicksilver airdeck

I bought a Quicksilver 310 airdeck last summer and I'm very pleased with it. The airdeck in particular is very effective.

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G’day JohnM
Just a thought but have you considered the combination of an inflatable with a rigid GRP or aluminium floor, they are much easier to row in windy conditions, don’t get punctured when landing on a beach and are well behaved under tow, very stable and will not damage your topsides.

Avagreatnewyear Old Salt Oz…………