tender behind!

Freebee

Visit site
I have a bertram 25 with davits. Transom about 2.3 M wide and I want buy a tender. The cruiser is used in the solent. I am thinking inflatable but what size? what style? Which make would the team recommend? Or is that too many questions?

ccscott49

Visit site
A nice little RIB, but I'm not sure if they make them only 2.3 m long, might do. You dont really want one longer than your transom is wide. Theres a multitude of little inflatables around. If you have small people, the inflatable will get used more than the big boat, so ou need something with decent duarabilty, zodiac or avon, but as I said theres a bunch of them out there.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Get some thing small. No a rib IMHO cos to heavy. But if posible with a transom. You haven't mentioned outboard. If you want one, go for no more than 2hp. Look at the weight limit of your davits and only count one, cos theres only one carrying all the weight.

Haydn

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Agree with Haydn, the limiting factor is the capacity of the davits. Although it would be nice to have a RIB, I dont think you'll find one as small as 2.3m so you're looking at a non-rigid floor. Pal of mine has a Yamaha dinghy with inflatable floor which gives something reasonably solid to step on. Another possibility are the Avons with slatted floors. 2hp is enough engine if you're going to be hauling it up slipways and beaches

G

We have just gone through the same exercise with a Sealine S24. Beam limited us to a 2.3.

Found Zodiac have luanched a new lightweight rib, 2.2 m. Little more expensive @£700 but we have been very impressed so far. It is rated upto 3 people and as it is a rib it has more internal space than standard 2.3 inflatables. The extra weight on the snap davits has not so far proved a problem for us.

Alternatives were 2.3m or 2.0m wooden slatted floor inflatables but you have to watch out where the davit hooks are placed as some dinghies like the wetline require the fitting to be moved before davit attachments can be installed.

We are based on the Hamble, and used Ron Hale in Portsmouth who were very helpful. If you want more information or to see the dinghy let us know.

Emma

DepSol

Visit site
Emma let me know contact details for person you bought dinghy from. Also see Private Message in user options.

Dom