technodrive tmc 40p gearbox overhaul -

Scomber

Visit site
hi
got this box sat on bench at home - its officially a spare (only 900 hrs!)!
anyone stripped one of these down and refurb'd it - anyone recommend a place in uk from whom i could buy any parts and get a bit of advice how to go about it and what to look out for ?
any positive advice much appreciated and many thanks!

VicS

Visit site
hi
got this box sat on bench at home - its officially a spare (only 900 hrs!)!
anyone stripped one of these down and refurb'd it - anyone recommend a place in uk from whom i could buy any parts and get a bit of advice how to go about it and what to look out for ?
any positive advice much appreciated and many thanks!

I believe they have a bit of a reputation for not engaging forward gear, esp when cold. Reasons not clear.

Check forward cone clutch for signs of slipping, selector mechanism for signs of wear, oil for evidence of overheating and for any reason that may prevent the gear fom engaging properly.

I'd not want to attempt a refurb without a workshop manual

Scomber

Visit site
I believe they have a bit of a reputation for not engaging forward gear, esp when cold. Reasons not clear.

Check forward cone clutch for signs of slipping, selector mechanism for signs of wear, oil for evidence of overheating and for any reason that may prevent the gear fom engaging properly.

I'd not want to attempt a refurb without a workshop manual
Thanks vic-

pintsize555

Visit site
Hey thanks- yea found that site on Google earlier so I'll call them- did you get a workshop manual and if so where from- much appreciated

No sorry don't have a workshop manual. They are so simple inside. The replacement parts I got from mit were machined better than what the manufacturer fits inside of the box. They may even have a manual they can send you.

Scomber

Visit site
No sorry don't have a workshop manual. They are so simple inside. The replacement parts I got from mit were machined better than what the manufacturer fits inside of the box. They may even have a manual they can send you.
Ok - thanks everyone - plenty to go with now - very much appreciated!