Techimpex 2 Burner Cooker

G

If any one has any experience of cooking on one of these cookers I would be grateful if they would say what they think of them. I find that a Techempex will fit the cooker recess on my boat whereas the Plastimo is a bit tight. Many thanks, BarryD

G

We have a Techimpex cooker in our boat, and the only criticism we have with it is that the grill is a bit crappy compared to the old Vanessa we had before. It does have flame failure on ALL burners - top, grill and oven. Amplifying about the grill, it does not seem to toast bread as well as the Vanessa. There does not appear to be as much "red" heat. Other than that, we find it all right. On the front of the oven there is a small temperature gauge, though how accurate it is, we haven't discovered. Ours is stainless steel, though the bottom of the oven door appears to be ordinary steel and has slightly rusted.

regards, Philip

G

Re: But does the Plastimo toast well??

Philip, Thanks very much for the quick response. We reckon the toasting function is importent. We may have to go for the Plastimo even though space is limited. I have had good reports of the Plastimo but no direct comments about its toasting ability. Thanks again BarryD

G

We have had a Techimpex for three years and have found it very good and reliable. Using the grille for toast is no problem but reading the oven temperature guage is difficult as it is small and located low on the oven door.

Overall it is very good value for money and we would buy another if we needed to.

G

Alan, Many thanks for your helpful reply. We will go for the Techimpex I expect. It looks better than the Plastimo and has a thermometer (even if it is difficult to read!) and it fits our galley slightly better. Thankyou, BarryD

G

We are also considering a change of cooker. Up till now I have been only aware of the Plastimo 2000. Who distributes the Techimpex and what is the price difference?

G

Mike, Plastimo price is about £395, Techempex is about £370, both listed in Cruisermart catalogue. BarryD