Taking "used" goods from the UK to the EU - VAT/Customs charges

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Are you getting receipts to indicate the value of what you are carrying❓Not that purchase receipts are a measure of current value.
Wonder if they hope to check inbound flights❓ As in the old days, probably do a percentage check on suspicious inbounds.

Suppose I'll have receipts somewhere but don't usually keep them once warrant has run out, we self-insure. I have a feeling that phones and computers are such a norm these days, used ones may not count towards allowance but no doubt we'll find out before too long when people start travelling again. Seems some countries making up their own rules as usual and stamping resident's passports against EU rules so, no telling what else may crop up. Make sure you've eaten all your ham sandwiches before landing:)

RupertW

Visit site
And back. Heard this morning, compulsory quarantine in hotels at £800 per person, will last at least until end of March.

Nice little earner for somebody.
Based alas on the vast majority of UK holidaymakers being numpties and not following the quarantine rules in their own homes. We stayed in for 14 days as required when we can back from the boat, but it seems 89% of people did not.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Based alas on the vast majority of UK holidaymakers being numpties and not following the quarantine rules in their own homes. We stayed in for 14 days as required when we can back from the boat, but it seems 89% of people did not.

We stuck to the rules twice last year when arriving home, no checks whatsoever.

syvictoria

Visit site
We stuck to the rules twice last year when arriving home, no checks whatsoever.

We took public transport back to our car, as is permitted, when we returned from abroad last year. We were both contacted once each by phone and asked to confirm that we understood the regulations and that we would be staying at home for 14 days (which we did).

sailaboutvic

Visit site
@£800, I very much doubt it? That's for 10 nights and three meals a day!
We stayed in tho trave hotels in the pass paying £30 PN for two of us , ok it didn't include mid day and evening meals but there wasn't a breakfast so £800 for 10 days is t cheap and I very much doubt it be the Hilton or Marriott .

RAI

Visit site
Transfer buses from airport to Covid hotel seems to be a problem. No Tory donor bus companies?