Table saw

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Is there a good table saw, that isn't made if wobbly parts that mess up cut accuracy, in the budget range.

I like the look of the dewalt model but it is expensive for the hobbysit. Lots of cheaper types seem ruined by cheap wobbly plastic Components. Anyone found a really good one in the budget end of the market?

Mister E

Visit site
Mate has a Titan one from Screwfix or Toolstation.
It was not expensive but is very good. He did change the blade to one of the multi material type.

Stemar

Visit site
My Clarke is cheap and cheerful, rather than accurate, but it must be nearly 20 years old and is still going. I can't get an accurate long cut, but they rarely matter to better than 1/2mm and I get that if I'm careful. If it really matters, cut oversize and plane it. Angles and bevels, forget it - I use a hand mitre saw. I can get accurate square smaller cuts since I built a crosscut sled - loads of how-to vids on YT - and it wouldn't be hard to make an adaptor for mitres.

I'm still jealous of the saw my cabinet maker son has at work which can be set to give reproduceable cuts to 0.1mm and 0.5 degrees, but that probably cost 100X or more what I spent!

Wansworth

Visit site
My cross cut just cuts shy of 45degrees and my tableesaw has a slight bevel on the cut but great for cutting firewood ,most cheap table swaps I have looked at seem wobbly,here in Galicia

Refueler

Visit site
I have a Polish JASPER brand table saw ..... half the price of a Clarke ..... but excellent.

Table tilts to enable angled cuts .... can have vacuum cleaner attached to dust extract ..... takes standard size saw discs - even tile cutting discs ....

PabloPicasso

Visit site
A cabinet saw would be great but I don't have space, they're not transportable, and really expensive. I was considering a portable dewalt model but, again, very pricey for the amount I'd use it.

I'll have a look at the Titan from screwfix. Good price, and easy return policy.

Just out of interest, can the Titan run a dado set?

Last edited:

Rappey

Visit site
We have an elu chop saw that flips over to a table saw. Cutting long lengths solo is not easy. For thinner wood I use a mini saw with its guide. Really good results.
For thicker wood I bought a large hitachi circular saw on fb market place for £20. It is probably the best circular saw I've ever used and cuts beautifully with its guide fitted.

boomerangben

Visit site
I have a Record table saw which is great but not budget. To be honest most of the time I use a lower end of the range Dewalt circular saw, combined with some robust home made horses and a self clamping straight edge. When cutting big sheets it’s easier than a less than workshop sized table saw.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I have a Record table saw which is great but not budget. To be honest most of the time I use a lower end of the range Dewalt circular saw, combined with some robust home made horses and a self clamping straight edge. When cutting big sheets it’s easier than a less than workshop sized table saw.

Agree, for large sheets I now use track saw rather than cabinet saw, easier and more accurate to take the saw to an 8 x 4 sheet than try and handle it single handed. Built a Paulk type bench with Benchdogs fence and track dogs.

fearmhuir

Visit site
Is there a good table saw, that isn't made if wobbly parts that mess up cut accuracy, in the budget range.

I like the look of the dewalt model but it is expensive for the hobbysit. Lots of cheaper types seem ruined by cheap wobbly plastic Components. Anyone found a really good one in the budget end of the market?

Two years ago I started building units for a large kitchen. I used melamine faced plywood, and needed a good table saw. I had an old Makita model, but it was not accurate and in particular the fence was flimsy and could deflect when sawing.
After looking at various offerings, I settled on a DeWalt DWE7485 having looked at reviews and UTube videos, and it sailed through everything asked of it, including the 24 mm birch ply used for the doors. On arrival, the fence and the blade were not completely accurate, but with the help of UTube setup videos, this was corrected, and the settings stayed spot on over 9 months of daily use.
What I liked about the DeWalt was that the fence had a rack and pinion track at both ends, and most importantly locked at both ends so there was no deflection.
It is essentially a contractor's saw, but if you need something sturdy that will last, and repeatable, accurate cuts, I would recommend it.