Switch panel lighting

KAM

Visit site
Looking for ideas to help me find the right switch when I tumble down the companion way after a night in the pub. Probably not PIR, timed off, dim, touch panel, voice activated maybe?

dansaskip

seabear.uk
Memory helps, I can just about aways find the right switch in the dark, but there again you could aways use that torch you keep in your pocket or somewhere else to hand.:)

ithet

Visit site
I have one of these mini torches hanging down from the handrail just inside the companionway. It has a big button on top (when hanging). I expect you can get one with a luminous button.

MiniTorch...

KAM

Visit site
Actually the main light switch is relatively easy it's bottom left. I can reach it from the cockpit but don't really want to have to put the cabin lights on when night sailing. I can find most by feel but it would be nice to have some suitable dim lighting.

arcot

Visit site
Looking for ideas to help me find the right switch when I tumble down the companion way after a night in the pub. Probably not PIR, timed off, dim, touch panel, voice activated maybe?
Led rechargeable strip light from Amazon is what I used to light the switch panel.....

Stemar

Visit site
We have a master switch that controls everything but the bilge pumps, top left on the switch panel, nearest the companionway. We turn a light on, and turn the master switch off, which also turns off the stereo and any other gubbins, when we leave. When we come back, we just hit the master and everything comes to life.

Refueler

Visit site
Round AAA powered LED cupboard lights ... press the light to switch .. press again to switch off ... not bright enough to destroy night vision - but light enough to find things ...

No wires to fix ... mount with double side tape ... batts last ages in them ..

aslabend

Visit site
i use an old led cycle set. red for night sailing so i can make a cuppa and white for when getting in the boat. I put velcro on the back and have velcro in different places and just move them about when needed.
they're usb rechargeable and last a few hours each (they are getting on a bit now).

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I have a remote control light in my cockpit which helps me to find my boat when coming back from the pub and also helps me find the switch just inside the compainway .