Swiss Army Knife

Fendant

Visit site
Wenger is owned by Victorinox :) Components are all the same from the plant in Ibach.

The really original Swiss Army knife does not have a red outer shell.

ghostlymoron

Visit site
There's always a risk that a terrorist can disarm the pilot and use his weapon against him. Better not have them onboard.
Do they still have fire axes on planes? I doubt it.

titian

Visit site
You can still buy Wenger. One is for officers(?) & 'tother is for plebs. The scissors have a much more resillient spring

titian

Visit site
There's always a risk that a terrorist can disarm the pilot and use his weapon against him. Better not have them onboard.

Terrorists (should) struggle to enter the cockpit as it now has a lock on it. I can't imagine a pilot being seriously intimidated by someone wielding a penknife.

Neil

Visit site
It drives me nuts.

I was told I couldn't take my best fishing reel in hand luggage because I might strangle someone with the line. I pointed out that I could strangle someone with a tie or shoe laces, but they don't confiscate those at security.

I'd taken a small packet of drill bits (2-6mm) in hand luggage - they we're confiscated - dangerous tools.....

I've walked through the metal detector with a forgotten pocket knife in my back pocket (though not recently!)

I was given a bottle of champagne by the flight attendant on the flight from Rio to London, but wasn't allowed to take it on the connecting flight to Dublin. When I pointed out that for all they knew, some of the other passengers could be carrying a condom full of Semtex up their rectum. Was told by security that this would be a matter for immigration.........

Shearwater

Visit site
My wife disarmed a passenger by hitting him over the head with the fire axe, every acft had one, but this was in 1969 in a Vickers Viscount. Aaaaah Viscounts!!!!! Aaaah Aviation, where art thou?.