Surprisingly good weather for a bank holiday !

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Filling up your million pound pride & joy?

Certainly Guv'nor we've kept the VIP pontoon clear for you.

Fuel%20station%20s_zpsvob7ntqd.jpg

Oh, you might want to keep the nozzle this way up or else the tap falls out and fuel pours out on free flow :)

Never again will I complain that the chap who runs the Cowes fuel barge needs to smile a bit more. 1st world problem.

Henry :)

dj43

Visit site
Touch windy at east cowes, just come back in as burst two large fenders and flattered others , tely has hit the floor , electricity is off ,boat trying to jump onto jetty 3 to 4 ft swell , had to log on as was concerned that Henry might be feeling home sick and getting to much sun ?

henryf

www.911virgin.com
I'm almost afraid to report that the winds which at times caused a bit of chop the past few days died down today. Set off at 7.00am to make Admiral Marina Port Dickson in good time. Arrived 2.00pm having beaten one of the local boat jockeys who was way ahead of us with a couple of hours to go but who didn't trust the charts. Some navigation marks which probably scared him off so he took the long way round allowing us to stay close to shore and pop through the harbour shaving a few miles off the journey.

We are plodding along at 20 knots so as not to strain anything and stretch fuel so every mile makes a difference.

Saw our first dolphin just off port Klang which was nice.

Diesel almost civilised today bar a hose which still has 20 litres in it waiting to pour out after you've finished. No cut off nozzle, just an adaptor on the end of a tanker big bore hose.

Sun just setting as I type.

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Well - FWIW I spent Mon/Thurs last week on Pole position on the town Quay Lymington, fab sunny weather each day and the town quiet. Flat calm trip out and 3/4 up the bum back on Thursday before the weather fronts arrived.

Well pleased with 1st proper 2016 trip

timv

Visit site
I don't suppose you have come across Rob Hawkins previously of Lymington on your trip have you Henry ? I heard he was working for Princess out there

henryf

www.911virgin.com
I don't suppose you have come across Rob Hawkins previously of Lymington on your trip have you Henry ? I heard he was working for Princess out there

Had a beer & a Pizza with him and his lovely wife on Friday night !

It's been a hell of a day today. Will post the full report tomorrow!!

Henry.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
56%20big%20bow%20s_zpspdjof9sx.jpg

56%20radar%20arch%20sunset%20s_zpscuvzyyvh.jpg

lots%20of%20ships%20s_zpspmwwfhtm.jpg

A long day riding shotgun at 10 knots to a slightly poorly MAN engine. Then it rained. Then it got dark. Then I had to negotiate Singapore harbour for the first time - and you think Lymington is tricky on a dark night. I earned my congee porridge with dried ship microwave breakfast yesterday I can tell you. We celebrated with sardines in tomato sauce whilst waiting 2 hours in the pitch black for the immigration boat to arrive at the Western Quarantine zone. Not even an acknowledgement on the radio.

By contrast at the airport it took 20 seconds and they even had free boiled sweets :)

timv

Visit site
thanks Henry ,could you say hi to him from Tim Vaughan if you see him again , and remind him of our trip to the Channel Island -we nearly ran a dingy down entering Crabby harbour !